Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where can we get another point from?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It is really all about the home game. That will either relegate us or keep us up. We are likely to need a win there. I expect Cardiff to get a win and a draw given that they are playing with freedom and under no pressure. We bottled it in our recent home games with our attacking new boys being pretty dire. As to our new full backs, it would be helpful if they could defend with some quality on a consistent basis. Recruitment has been pretty awful.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can we at least go WWWL? Asking for those of us who work with Liverpool supporters...
I'm guessing you don't actually work with Liverpool supporters - you work with 'fans'. They don't count. Nothing about them counts. Ask them who they support, and when they say 'Liverpool', laugh in their face and with an air of disdain, say 'no you don't'.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If the old cliche is true, and luck evens itself out over the season, then we will get 2 penalties every game, 1 offside goal in each fixture, and 2 players from each opposing team sent off against us for headbuts.
Mind you, dear old Glenn would probably miss the pens.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
my prediction us to get a point in Nth London at either Spurs or Arsenal plus 3 at home to Newcastle. Cardiff to get 4 points from Fulham and Palace with United losing to City and Ole winding them up to beat Cardiff. We shall just have to wait and see.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We beat Palace twice. Palace won at Arsenal. Therefore we can win at Arsenal. No?

Well, it was worth a try. But it's what our players' attitude should be.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm guessing you don't actually work with Liverpool supporters - you work with 'fans'. They don't count. Nothing about them counts. Ask them who they support, and when they say 'Liverpool', laugh in their face and with an air of disdain, say 'no you don't'.

One of them is a genuine supporter (match-goer home and away) but he'll still be utterly unbearable.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It is really all about the home game. That will either relegate us or keep us up. We are likely to need a win there. I expect Cardiff to get a win and a draw given that they are playing with freedom and under no pressure. We bottled it in our recent home games with our attacking new boys being pretty dire. As to our new full backs, it would be helpful if they could defend with some quality on a consistent basis. Recruitment has been pretty awful.

Fulham seem to be playing with a bit of freedom too are they not?

I also suspect Cardiff are under a lot of pressure now they’re within touching distance.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Cardiff will beat Palace 100%, Palace will no doubt throw that game to put us in the shit. We have to prepare for that inevitable 'shock' result. If we can beat Newcastle Saturday it means they need to pick up 4 more points v Fulham and United and I don't see that happening.

View from the Pier

Feb 27, 2019
If worst happen then I am genuinely worried we will see and drop off in attendance and income.

Has everyone here renewed ST already or waiting to see if we stay up?

I don't have ST and not sure on waiting list

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If worst happen then I am genuinely worried we will see and drop off in attendance and income.

Has everyone here renewed ST already or waiting to see if we stay up?

I don't have ST and not sure on waiting list
If you were a Brighton fan you'd know the answer to your particularly stupid question.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
3 against the Toon and 1 against the Arse and 1 against City to both stay up and hand Liverpool the title.

Come on!!!!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cardiff will beat Palace 100%, Palace will no doubt throw that game to put us in the shit. We have to prepare for that inevitable 'shock' result.

That will 100% NOT happen. The Palace players couldn't give a shit about the rivalry (as their shithouse performances against us more than proved). The notion that their bunch of mercenaries would deliberately bin off their goal/win bonuses just to help send BHA down is utter bobbins.

The rivalry is for the fans. The players are pro's and will just get on with it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That will 100% NOT happen. The Palace players couldn't give a shit about the rivalry (as their shithouse performances against us more than proved). The notion that their bunch of mercenaries would deliberately bin off their goal/win bonuses just to help send BHA down is utter bobbins.

The rivalry is for the fans. The players are pro's and will just get on with it.

They won 4 of their last 5 last season. They'll genuinely feel that they can improve on their 11th 44 pts from last season. If results go their way and they beat Everton, they could get as high as 9th.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They won 4 of their last 5 last season. They'll genuinely feel that they can improve on their 11th 44 pts from last season. If results go their way and they beat Everton, they could get as high as 9th.

I wouldn't be surprised if a top 10 finish triggers some kind of bonus for Roy and the players, so on that basis, there's no chance of them deliberately throwing the game at Cardiff. Even though the GOONSQUAD will be imploring them to.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I wouldn't be surprised if a top 10 finish triggers some kind of bonus for Roy and the players, so on that basis, there's no chance of them deliberately throwing the game at Cardiff. Even though the GOONSQUAD will be imploring them to.
I agree I just dont get this opinion that Palace will throw a game to relegate us the players couldn't give a toss and we are not depending on the always ultras. Palace have an excellent away record this season and will be looking to end on a high with no risk of relegation.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here