Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where can we get another point from?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I think Hughton has to stick to what he knows, and it worked on Saturday (which was a massive point as now Cardiff has to win a game to stay up). The thing with Cardiff is they might be fighting to stay up but they ain't really getting the results. I know they have played top teams but they have 2 wins in the last 9 games.

The fact that Cardiff gave us the run around shows the difference in the teams at the moment, and us not scoring means the only option is to stop the others so we scrounge a point

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hughton will not doubt stick to his Wolves approach for the rest of the season; we could get another 0-0 from any game with a bit of luck.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well I’m nervous. Palace are on the beach, Fulham are down and United are in meltdown.

And Cardiff are crap. They will not get the 4 points they need to overtake us.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Not sure it is quite that clear cut.
A point tonight would make the job a lot tougher for them.

This is key... A win and a draw from them is not inconceivable given they have Palace and Fulham left. Two wins is such a massive stretch though.

We needed one point to move from unlikely to stay up to possibly stay up, another point gets us to probably and a win would move us to definitely. Of course 4 points gets us to a point of mathematical assurance (barring the greatest come back in footballing history, past present or future).

One game at a time. Fuel up the team bus because we need to drive it to NWHL and park it right in front of the Albion goal. UTA

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This stage of the season always throws up surprises so who knows? The team that shows the biggest cojones is likely to be the one to survive, although Cardiff’s would have to be considerably bigger at this stage. They will have at least 4 to make up, even after tonight’s game, as long as we don’t get a few thrashings on the way, which would reduce it to 3 perhaps.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This is key... A win and a draw from them is not inconceivable given they have Palace and Fulham left. Two wins is such a massive stretch though.

We needed one point to move from unlikely to stay up to possibly stay up, another point gets us to probably and a win would move us to definitely. Of course 4 points gets us to a point of mathematical assurance (barring the greatest come back in footballing history, past present or future).

One game at a time. Fuel up the team bus because we need to drive it to NWHL and park it right in front of the Albion goal. UTA

Agree with this except, pedantically, they would need a minimum of a win and 2 draws if we get a point tonight.. but that is still a big ask.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
The only games Spurs have lost at home (well Wembley) are against Liverpool, Wolves, Man C and Man Utd. They drew against Watford, who scored twice, and Arsenal. So they are quite good, we will have to have some miracles, start praying

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The difference is that now, after saturday's effort, I can see us keeping at least 1 more clean sheet this season, possibly 2 and that could well be enough

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bookies are rarely wrong and we are massive favorites to stay up. We have Newcastle at home and its up to us to make the most of that. If we beat them and Cardiff still get the points then fair play, we deserve to go down for the performance v Cardiff at home. It's still in our hands but should've been done and dusted by now and we only have ourselves to blame for that....

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Bookies are rarely wrong and we are massive favorites to stay up. We have Newcastle at home and its up to us to make the most of that. If we beat them and Cardiff still get the points then fair play, we deserve to go down for the performance v Cardiff at home. It's still in our hands but should've been done and dusted by now and we only have ourselves to blame for that....

I think you'll find around 80% are taking no responsibility and putting the blame squarely on Chris. (and the other 20% probably feel Barber has some blame somewhere... #BarberOut)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The only games Spurs have lost at home (well Wembley) are against Liverpool, Wolves, Man C and Man Utd. They drew against Watford, who scored twice, and Arsenal. So they are quite good, we will have to have some miracles, start praying

Got to hope, with the Champions League semi final next week, bit of a London derby with West Ham on Saturday, is that if there is one game they will take lightly and perhaps feel they only need to turn up, it will be this one. With Kane out, they have to manage their squad, and there are times they don't click and it doesn't happen for them. Fingers crossed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I really don't get all this concern about us going down??

Cardiff are: Away to Fulham - home to Palace - away to Man U - they won't get any points from their last 3 games! at best maybe get a draw at Fulham!

We WILL stay up and we need to re-group for next season.

KEEP THE FAITH!!

Why is everyone writing off the place game? We know they can play extremely good football, like at city and arsenal, but then again they can play dreadfully, like against us twice.

I think Cardiff will roll them over, get a draw at Fulham and lose to manu. That gives them 4 points.

I think we will get nothing at Spurs and arsenal, draw against Newcastle and if city need to win to become champions, they will dick us badly.

So we escape by goal difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here