Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where are you most excited to visit in Europe?

Europa League Opponents

• Total voters

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Never been anywhere in Scandinavia, so a Scandic club would be good.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
200.gif

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The likes of Turkey, Israel, Cyprus, Greece and any of the 'stans' would be fairly easy to reach for any of the Seagulls over Dubai.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
WHAT'S YOUR BUDGET?
Conference would mean a minimum one away game, Europa League is three away games. Tickets are fixed at £39 but only 5% of ground capacity (it's 10% in EPL). But add to that flights, maybe a hotel, and pubs. It's not going to be a £20 train ticket to London and a few bevvies pre match, we're talking big money, like going to Newcastle money! And then these would be 'extra' games on top of the normal season expense.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
WHAT'S YOUR BUDGET?
Conference would mean a minimum one away game, Europa League is three away games. Tickets are fixed at £39 but only 5% of ground capacity (it's 10% in EPL). But add to that flights, maybe a hotel, and pubs. It's not going to be a £20 train ticket to London and a few bevvies pre match, we're talking big money, like going to Newcastle money! And then these would be 'extra' games on top of the normal season expense.
I can't fly due to an ear condition so lots of driving or train.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
How’s the new stadium coming along?
I have no idea. It seems to be bogged down in bureaucratic nonsense and they still haven’t moved in. Nightmare really but like us with the Goldstone the Mestalla is in prime position in the city and ripe for development. Probably as near completion as Palace.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I have no idea. It seems to be bogged down in bureaucratic nonsense and they still haven’t moved in. Nightmare really but like us with the Goldstone the Mestalla is in prime position in the city and ripe for development. Probably as near completion as Palace.
I used to get to Javea every year for about 10 years and then my brother in law rather selfishly sold his nice place near the port. Used to get up to see Valencia play whenever I could so sort of adopted them as my Spanish team but they could certainly do with the support at the moment!
We nearly bought a place in Javea just before the pandemic, probably good that we didn’t in hindsight, might start going back there again before too long! I’ll look out for your Albion shirt!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
WHAT'S YOUR BUDGET?
Tickets will be like gold dust I would think. This is Albion in Europe, potentially - it’s never happened before and may never happen again, even though we would like to think it will. Whilst appreciating that money isn’t limitless, this is one of those once in a lifetime things that you would regret not doing if you have the chance to do so. I think if you start weighing up whether to go or not because of the extra cost, you are probably asking yourself the wrong question.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just heard on SSN West ‘aaam have been given 900 tickets for tonight.

IF we make it, this is the sort of nonsense we’ll have to put up with.
Only a 19,000 stadium. not Sure there is much segregation either as a shared stand

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Just heard on SSN West ‘aaam have been given 900 tickets for tonight.

IF we make it, this is the sort of nonsense we’ll have to put up with.
I said on another post, tickets will be like gold dust for the easier to get to away games. A Thursday night in a place you’ve never heard of might keep the numbers down, but there will still be a big demand.

Some of my family went to see Birmingham City in Europe in 2011. They took 7 - 9,000 to Bruges, not all had tickets! But away to Nacional in Madeira was just a few hundred.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I said on another post, tickets will be like gold dust for the easier to get to away games. A Thursday night in a place you’ve never heard of might keep the numbers down, but there will still be a big demand.

Some of my family went to see Birmingham City in Europe in 2011. They took 7 - 9,000 to Bruges, not all had tickets! But away to Nacional in Madeira was just a few hundred.
Thats some Ancestry you've been doing there Pete.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Le Havre? Caen? Just across the water!

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
After watching Citeh successfully copy our style of play and win against Real last night, I'm going all out to face up to them at the Bernabeu in the Champions League.

We only need a few wins and a couple of games to go our way and we'll be there. Bring it on.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here