Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] When you read something about your heroes that you don’t want to beliieve

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Luckily for me, I've never considered Bob Dylan my hero. There was something very odd about the bloke when he stood up during live aid bleating that he felt some of the money raised should go to American farmers.

I mean, FFS.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Something about the claim doesn't ring true to me, why wait this long,?

Just seems an easy target to get money from. However....

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
A 56 year old claim made on the final day of the New York State’s Child Victim Act look-back window against an 80 year old with apparently no other accusations or incidents in his life so far.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

It does seem as if she may have got her timelines wrong

She said the abuse took place over a six-week period between April and May 1965.
From the end of April to 10 May, the singer was in the UK on a tour that was documented in the film Don't Look Back. According to Clinton Heylin's Dylan chronology A Life in Stolen Moments, he was then in the UK, France and Portugal until the start of June.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I would suggest that you don't believe it then until it's proven!

There is absolutely no way it can be proved or disproved is there, unless there are photos, which is also unlikely

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
"When you read something about your heroes that you don't want to believe"......

Suggest you don't read about Led Zep, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie etc either then?

If it involves 12 year olds you are spot on

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not my hero, he got some nice lyrics but sounds like shit. Anyway, it doesnt need to be true. False accusations of everything from murder to petty theft are pretty common things.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It does seem as if she may have got her timelines wrong

She said the abuse took place over a six-week period between April and May 1965.
From the end of April to 10 May, the singer was in the UK on a tour that was documented in the film Don't Look Back. According to Clinton Heylin's Dylan chronology A Life in Stolen Moments, he was then in the UK, France and Portugal until the start of June.

I think you might have come up with an alibi………..

But I would find it difficult to credit the story anyway……

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

Exactly my initial thought too...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’ve always been relieved as I love the music that the iconic Stones, Beatles and others haven’t been embroiled in these latter day scandals. A couple of theories why, they were fancied by all and sundry anyway (groupies), and obviously it not being in their character. Your hero David Crosby could take his pick of female admirers and did. Similarly, from colourful autobio’s I read by Rod Stewart, Peter Hook, Barney Sumner and Billy Idol.

Whilst less loved showbizz ‘characters’ such as Gadd, Jonathan King, Savile, Max Clifford exploited opportunities from working in the sector.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I’ve always been relieved as I love the music that the iconic Stones, Beatles and others haven’t been embroiled in these latter day scandals. A couple of theories why, they were fancied by all and sundry anyway (groupies), and obviously it not being in their character. Your hero David Crosby could take his pick of female admirers and did. Similarly, from colourful autobio’s I read by Rod Stewart, Peter Hook, Barney Sumner and Billy Idol.

Whilst less loved showbizz ‘characters’ such as Gadd, Jonathan King, Savile, Max Clifford exploited opportunities from working in the sector.

I wanted to be David Crosby :lolol: not so much when he went completely off the rails and did jail time, had a liver transplant and 8 heart stents.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wanted to be David Crosby :lolol: not so much when he went completely off the rails and did jail time, had a liver transplant and 8 heart stents.

Envious when you see him in a 60’s hot tub with a small army of stunning groupies in tow.

But what a price his body paid for the obesity and acting as a sink for acid, you name it.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
I have no idea whether the allegation being made is true or not.

Sadly, allegations of this nature are very easily made and very difficult for an innocent party to disprove. Once the allegation becomes public knowledge there is a permanent stain on the character accused regardless of any outcome. Shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here