Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] When you read something about your heroes that you don’t want to beliieve

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
…when I read that [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] disagreed with the £20 ST sharing fee :down:

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Some of these responses are the reason a lot of people don't come forward. Time line doesn't match up, looking for an easy target, no other claims of assault against them etc.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
…when I read that [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] disagreed with the £20 ST sharing fee :down:

It’s not the £20 it’s the each person has to be a mem….

Oh forget it. What a compliment your post was :clap2:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
This seems a pretty week case at this stage what with all the easily available evidence of Dylan not being in New York at the time. However were they to provide some corroboration or if other people come forward with similar stories then there would start to be a case to answer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Something about the claim doesn't ring true to me, why wait this long,?

Just seems an easy target to get money from. However....

What was a 12 year old doing paying multiple visits to the Chelsea Hotel on her own? Hmmm....innocent until proven guilty (and I don't like Dylan - never have).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I’ve always been relieved as I love the music that the iconic Stones, Beatles and others haven’t been embroiled in these latter day scandals. A couple of theories why, they were fancied by all and sundry anyway (groupies), and obviously it not being in their character. Your hero David Crosby could take his pick of female admirers and did. Similarly, from colourful autobio’s I read by Rod Stewart, Peter Hook, Barney Sumner and Billy Idol.

Whilst less loved showbizz ‘characters’ such as Gadd, Jonathan King, Savile, Max Clifford exploited opportunities from working in the sector.

Bill Wyman? I mean apart from him being a Palace fan.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If it involves 12 year olds you are spot on

Mick Ronson shagged a 15 year old I went to school with, backstage, at the Dome on 1973.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If it involves 12 year olds you are spot on

Jagger/Bowie/Jimmy Page all had a sexual relationship with the same under age American child model in the early seventies.
I believe she was 13/14 years old at the time.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm thinking of suing the BBC. . . ToTP, presented by Jimmy Saville and Gary Glitter was on . . . . I have been abused.

£1m woud be nice . . . .I think I have as good a chance.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Wouldn’t surprise me in the least, as others have alluded too, many past stars have dubious pasts, and should be named & shamed.
Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis were the hero’s of many of these named, and they both had sex with under age girls.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Paul Weller. Accused (but not charged) of rape. I certainly didn't want to believe it but it made me feel uncomfortable at the time.

Pete Townsend. Although not really a hero of mine, I loved The Who. Naive or pervert?

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Such typical, male centric, tired old crap from people as usual when someone makes a sexual assault or rape claim against someone powerful. It's the reason Savile, Epstein et al. were able to get away with what they did for so long, because people were afraid to come forward because they knew they wouldn't be believed and would probably be ridiculed and abused even more.

Just consider what it takes for someone to come forward against the likes of Dylan knowing they are probably opening themselves up to online abuse and hate and even public abuse knowing they probably won't get any form of justice.

So what if the time line doesn't quite match up? It was decades ago and people can be unsure of where they were but I bet she remembers damn well who it was and what they did. I assume many of us have young girls and women in our families. Would you be the same if they came to you about someone you admired?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Such typical, male centric, tired old crap from people as usual when someone makes a sexual assault or rape claim against someone powerful. It's the reason Savile, Epstein et al. were able to get away with what they did for so long, because people were afraid to come forward because they knew they wouldn't be believed and would probably be ridiculed and abused even more.

Just consider what it takes for someone to come forward against the likes of Dylan knowing they are probably opening themselves up to online abuse and hate and even public abuse knowing they probably won't get any form of justice.

So what if the time line doesn't quite match up? It was decades ago and people can be unsure of where they were but I bet she remembers damn well who it was and what they did. I assume many of us have young girls and women in our families. Would you be the same if they came to you about someone you admired?

So Dylan is probably guilty then by your reckoning? I assume a raft of others will come forward now too….

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

The evidence before the court is
Incontrovertible, there's no need for
The jury to retire
In all my years of judging
I have never heard before
Of someone more deserving
Of the full penalty of law
The way you made them suffer
Your exquisite wife and mother
Fills me with the urge to defecate

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
So guilty then?

We don't know do we. But when you bear in mind what I've just said I would err on the side of probably, yes. Also bearing in mind that the vast majority of women at some point in there lives will be subject to some form of abuse from a man then also I would believe her.

Like I said if it was a female in your family would you believe her or call her a gold digging attention seeker?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here