Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] When you read something about your heroes that you don’t want to beliieve

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure what your point is? Lyrics to both songs are clearly saying buzz off to her. Next post, Big Star - Thirteen?

If you don't leave, I won't be responsible for what happens!! Putting the blame onto the young girl because a man cannot control himself!!

She was asking for it, m'lud.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
You see what you want to see I guess.

Go away little girl
Go away little girl
I'm not supposed to be alone with you

I know that your lips are sweet
but our lips must never meet
I'm dating somebody else and I must be true

Oh, go away little girl (go away little girl)
Go away little girl (go away little girl)
It's hurting me more each minute that we delay

When you're near me like this
You're much too hard to resist
So go away little girl
Before I beg you to stay

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I can understand why an abused person may want to have the opportunity to confront their abuser.
But other than that how is it possible to prove either way?

Surely it will come down to her word against his.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Go away little girl
Go away little girl
I'm not supposed to be alone with you

I know that your lips are sweet
but our lips must never meet
I'm dating somebody else and I must be true

Oh, go away little girl (go away little girl)
Go away little girl (go away little girl)
It's hurting me more each minute that we delay

When you're near me like this
You're much too hard to resist
So go away little girl
Before I beg you to stay

yes.... I'm quite aware of the lyrics. My point was to both you and I. I don't interpret that as creepy, you do. It's open to interpretation, that's all. Edit - I find Bowie, for example, creepy as ****.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
yes.... I'm quite aware of the lyrics. My point was to both you and I. I don't interpret that as creepy, you do. It's open to interpretation, that's all. Edit - I find Bowie, for example, creepy as ****.

You don’t find a grown man telling a girl to leave the room otherwise he is likely to rape her and it won’t be his fault, somewhat creepy?

“She simply wouldn’t leave me alone m’Lud. It’s hardly my fault”

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Maybe the someone you helped doesnt tell the full story though. It could be very difficult for some and very easy for some.

Sure, there will be many different circumstances and my experience won't tell the full story by any means.

I just can't see it being an 'easy' process, let alone very easy (sociopaths might enjoy it I guess), even if a person is lying.

You don't just drop a name into a sex crime complaints box, walk away and forget about it. Serious allegations = serious scrutiny, whether it's making statements to the police & lawyers or friends/family having their say - none of which is a comfortable, easy process even if you're lying (and is torturous when not).

Add a celebrity being accused to the mix and you've got the press and an internet full of people wading in with their opinions too.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
You don’t find a grown man telling a girl to leave the room otherwise he is likely to rape her and it won’t be his fault, somewhat creepy?

“She simply wouldn’t leave me alone m’Lud. It’s hardly my fault”

You don't know his age nor her age. Nor does it say he's going to rape her. That's just how you are interpreting it. I'm not interpreting that way. Doesn't make either of us right or wrong. You are making a few leaps imho. edit- it's also cowritten by a woman.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You don't know his age nor her age. Nor does it say he's going to rape her. That's just how you are interpreting it. I'm not interpreting that way. Doesn't make either of us right or wrong. You are making a few leaps imho. edit- it's also cowritten by a woman.

There's an age limit where, even if the girl is willing, it is a compulsory rape charge because of her age. The man is considered to be the adult, and the lyrics even say he's taken.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Doesn't stop the lyrics being a little bit rapey.

It was written in 1962, when attitudes (as shown in previous posts) were different. Even judges threw out cases because they thought women contributed to their rape by wearing 'provocative clothes. As for rape within marriage!

On the other hand, it has been known for spurious claims to be made, where the accuser has then been found guilty of perverting the course of justice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here