Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When you pop off this Mortal Coil what will be your single most amazing experience ?

PC-Gull

The Muffin Man
Apr 12, 2008
Brighton, Sussex, England
I'm hoping the best is yet to come, but up until this point I would have to say 10th August 2009. This is the day I landed in England to start my adventure of living in a new country and making a childhood dream come true. (10 years old when I decided that I wanted to move and live in England when I was 'older')

4 years on and it is still a great adventure.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm hoping the best is yet to come, but up until this point I would have to say 10th August 2009. This is the day I landed in England to start my adventure of living in a new country and making a childhood dream come true. (10 years old when I decided that I wanted to move and live in England when I was 'older')

4 years on and it is still a great adventure.

We're have you come from?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My single most amazing experience after I die, I hope, will be coming back to life.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
I guess the biggest cheer I ever got was when a ball got lodged on the South Stand roof in season!977/78.
I went up an got it and threw it down on Eric Steele just as he was about to take a goal kick.
Glenn Wilson bet me I wouldn't go up there,but I did and won a tenner.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
I guess the biggest cheer I ever got was when a ball got lodged on the South Stand roof in season!977/78.
I went up an got it and threw it down on Eric Steele just as he was about to take a goal kick.
Glenn Wilson bet me I wouldn't go up there,but I did and won a tenner.

Great stuff.....nice one :bigwave:

Good times.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
When you pop off this Mortal Coil what will be your single most amazing exper...

I'd rather face a 30 stone Ugandan Silverback gorilla than a pre-menstrual 16 year old daughter. Good luck though Commander old bean.

So would I. Thank you sir.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am only 21 so nothing incredible like some of your lot, brilliant to hear of happy stories like the recovery of the guy's daughter, but so far my personal best is getting the highest in my year for my undergraduate degree and getting into Cambridge for my masters.

That is bloody great...very well done.

Just passed my final EMA on my open university degree so I am now a bachelor of arts. I never thought I would be able to say that and am pleased as punch

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Staring into the eyes of a 30 stone Silverback deep in the Ugandan jungle. Not a lot prepares you for that.

I'm assuming the birth of my child in February is going to beat it though. Although probably won't be quite as enjoyable. Or scary.

Be warned, when she gets to the final few pushes don't get too close,you might also get the famous " you come near me with that again and I'll chop it off !"

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Seeing Crass, poison girls and flux of pink indans..In 1981, a life changing Gig.

Beating West ham in the play off final in 2005 and having a great night out with some BHA fans (who were playing the next day?) I have had a soft spot for BHA ever since...still love beating you though!!

Meeting my wife and being married for 27 years, having 3 great kids...if I died now I would have had a great time. (although would love to have another 40 odd years):)

The crass gig wasn't at Birmingham digbeth civic hall by any chance?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Reading HB & B's posts......

Mind blowing.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Being able to Marry my wonderful wife in Arizona last year after a stag in Vegas.

Best Albion experience so far, either Swindon 2nd leg or atmosphere at Burnley at home last season. Weekend in Barnsley after Leeds away last year was pretty special too, great weekend with the boys.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Only young so I haven't done as much as others but by best experiences would have to be swimming with Penguins in South Africa, exploring hidden waterfalls in Iceland, playing a concert by the Mediterranean at night in the Tossa de Mar and the simple joy of spending time with someone you love. Best Albion moment would have to be the St Patrick's Day massacre, nothing has ever made happy enough to hug a steward before!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
When I pop off listening the single Song to the Siren by This Mortal Coil will be (one of my) most amazing experiences.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Hate to lower the tone but your best shag surely has to top your best match or concert. Child birth was terrible as you're too worried about things going wrong to enjoy it

I kind of agree on childbirth. We had big complications with the arrival of our first, and were pretty much terrified through the whole thing. Afterwards we were both mentally and physically exhausted. The greatest emotion was relief. Our second delivery was better, but we were still nervous. It had to be caesarian for the safety of both my wfe and child. it was ok, but not relaxing. By the third, and we knew that this would be our last, i had relaxed and loved every moment. Sitting in the theatre holding her for 30 minutes after the birth, whilst my wife was still being looked after in the theatre, was the most serene 30 minutes of my life.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
When you pop off this Mortal Coil what will be your single most amazing experie

Robbie Reinelt's goal at Hereford.

I remember Maskell hitting the post with his shot, the ball rebounding and time standing still as half a dozen players raced for the ball, then saw the net bulge and went mental.

I kind of agree on childbirth. We had big complications with the arrival of our first, and were pretty much terrified through the whole thing. Afterwards we were both mentally and physically exhausted. The greatest emotion was relief. Our second delivery was better, but we were still nervous. It had to be caesarian for the safety of both my wfe and child. it was ok, but not relaxing. By the third, and we knew that this would be our last, i had relaxed and loved every moment. Sitting in the theatre holding her for 30 minutes after the birth, whilst my wife was still being looked after in the theatre, was the most serene 30 minutes of my life.

Raising kids is wonderful but never had any truck with romanticised notions of childbirth, it's a hideous, cruel bit of sadism inflicted on women by nature that still unnerves me a lot. They're drowning in unbelieivable pain and terror, you're drowning in guilt and terror. And nowadays you have to play some kind of underqualified middleman role between partner and midwives over the negotiation of access to drugs..... and then the final grand guignol as it slithers out into life...both my births were relatively straightforward too, pleased for you that your last was the least worst!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here