Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When you pop off this Mortal Coil what will be your single most amazing experience ?

Hate to lower the tone but your best shag surely has to top your best match or concert. Child birth was terrible as you're too worried about things going wrong to enjoy it

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hate to lower the tone but your best shag surely has to top your best match or concert. Child birth was terrible as you're too worried about things going wrong to enjoy it

How incredibly shallow LI ! LOL !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Personal - Baby daughter recovering from meningitis aged nine months (am forever in the debt of the Royal Alex)
Albion - Withdean stewards pulling a bloke's leg off in H Block

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Keeping one's mind above one's waist, and putting aside births of children and arrival of granddaughter (11 months ago, being christened this Sunday, which will mean I miss the Burnley match cos it's in Wales)
1. A trip on a glorious day from a camp-site in Switzerland with my wife and two girls about 10 years ago which involved two train journeys and two cable cars via Zermatt to get to the top of the Klein Matterhorn, which sits alongside the proper Matterhorn.
2. A Whale-watching trip in Tadoussac, Canada. Guaranteed to see Whales they said. We scoffed at it. We saw at least 7 different sorts, including having them swim alongside the boat, and seeing a Blue Whale spouting in the distance.
3. About 5 years ago going to the Himalayas, trekking to Everest base Camp and also Kala Pattar, the highest point we reached. Stunning country, stunning people.

PS - It's the christening that is in Wales, not the Burnley match, before anyone worries they should be going to Cardiff or Swansea for some reason.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Football wise: Highbury 1983 (small games like Walsall 7 - 0 still live bright in the memory though) and
Life: Daughter birth
Music: Sir Paul Weller

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
I am only 21 so nothing incredible like some of your lot, brilliant to hear of happy stories like the recovery of the guy's daughter, but so far my personal best is getting the highest in my year for my undergraduate degree and getting into Cambridge for my masters.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
When you pop off this Mortal Coil what will be your single most amazing exper...

Staring into the eyes of a 30 stone Silverback deep in the Ugandan jungle. Not a lot prepares you for that.

I'm assuming the birth of my child in February is going to beat it though. Although probably won't be quite as enjoyable. Or scary.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Meeting my current girlfriend for me. Every time I mention it, it reduces both us to tears of joy. Well, not joy. And it's just her.

I am only 21 so nothing incredible like some of your lot, brilliant to hear of happy stories like the recovery of the guy's daughter, but so far my personal best is getting the highest in my year for my undergraduate degree and getting into Cambridge for my masters.

That's pretty damn good to be fair.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Nice one! :thumbsup:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
At 71 it is quite difficult to pick out one outstanding memory. Taking my family to the USA to meet my wife's brother for the first time was awesome but in the end sitting on the top deck of a 5B at the Grenadier at Hangleton and looking down and seeing this gorgeous redhead getting off the bus. I thought "wow"that is the woman I would like to marry. A long story but I did - 48 years ago and I still love her to bits.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Staring into the eyes of a 30 stone Silverback deep in the Ugandan jungle. Not a lot prepares you for that.

I'm assuming the birth of my child in February is going to beat it though. Although probably won't be quite as enjoyable. Or scary.

I'd rather face a 30 stone Ugandan Silverback gorilla than a pre-menstrual 16 year old daughter. Good luck though Commander old bean.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
having two fantastic children
a daughter who has become a great woman
watching my right footed son score a vital goal with his left foot
going to Newcastle with two great mates both gone now
find a second wife and her two fantastic children
watching one go through the big C and come through the other end
spending time with a great grand son who is a great joy to be with
many,many other memories that I will take with me to comfort me on that final adventure

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

In all honesty it might be scarier though I would also have to confront a 30 stone Silverback to confirm this.

As for me I'm not sure I can pick one. The birth of both my children, landing a HUGE tuna when sea fishing in Fiji, New Year in Sydney Harbour, dancing to Jeff Mills in a field at 4am with a head full of nonsense, the first time I saw the view from my Amex seat at the Donny game, child 1 reading to me, child two bombing in to a swimming pool off the springboard aged two and watching a Brighton v Palace game in a Scottish Fish and Chip Shop in Taipei surrounded by imported Guinness are all right up there.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
My twins being born after being told time and time again that we couldn't have kids.
Signing for BHA.
Playing at the Goldstone.
Moving to Spain.
Qualifying as a teacher after hating teachers for most of my life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here