Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When you have guests visit your home.....

When guests visit your home, do you...

• ask them to remove their shoes,

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • let them please themselves

Votes: 73 63.5%
  • keep them on the doorstep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ask them to remove their clothes

Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I have wooden floors, so it's not really an issue for visitors, they can do as they please. When I enter someone else's home, I prefer to take my shoes off at the door. I always have this dread that I have trod in dog s***, and walked it through their hallway and lounge.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If someone comes in with dirty shoes, I trust in their sense of common human decency to remove them rather than treading mud into my house and rugs. If I go to someone else's house, I will keep my shoes on, unless they are dirty, in which case, I'll take them off. If someone asks me to take my shoes off, my knee-jerk judgement is that they are slightly annoying, but I'm also encouraged because I get the feeling that this person (and possibly the rest of their family) will also display other odd quirks that will keep me and my wife amused for some time.

That just about sums up my feelings. If you expect people to take their shoes off, I think you should offer slippers.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
We have a baby crawling around, so shoes off for everyone.

I never used to be too worried, but Mrs Flex has made me feel pretty strongly about it. The streets are filthy and I don't want the remnants of dirt, chewing gum, dogshit, vomit, mud or whatever being trodden around where I relax.

I once trod dog poo into the carpet with a baby crawling around. Very annoying. Took ages to clean up.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We have a baby crawling around, so shoes off for everyone.

I never used to be too worried, but Mrs Flex has made me feel pretty strongly about it. The streets are filthy and I don't want the remnants of dirt, chewing gum, dogshit, vomit, mud or whatever being trodden around where I relax.

Fair play, you do live in Beckenham and the streets are full of sh1t around there!!:whistle:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
In Japan it's pretty much the law to remove your shoes in the house. I do sometimes break it if I'm on my way out the door and suddenly have to run back to get something. This of course never happens while the missus is at home otherwise she'd CASTRATE me.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Ha! My eldest lad is currently studying Japanese at Meiji Gakuin Uni In Tokyo and has visited Japan loads of times.As you say,you just don't wear your shoes indoors.When he comes home,I am sure he takes great delight in clodhopping all over the house with his strange massive boots on,rather like a wild animal marking out his territory.

P.S.Strange massive boots bought in Tokyo!:rolleyes::D

ah, kids eh...!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That's rich coming from someone living in Newhaven!
I'm guessing that you've never been to Beckenham? Most of it is so posh that I feel like an impostor.

Wake up mate, it was a dig at the Palace fans, at least Newhaven has Brighton as a near neighbour and not Croydon!:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here