Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] When you first joined NSC

What were you ?

• Total voters

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I have only just joined mainly because i haven't been around and had access to a computer. I have been able to lurk on a smart phone but when its not all singing and dancing it loads so slowly i give up after a while. Im playing catch up reading it all. When you've been reliant on radio and papers for a while its quite overwhelming. What i have noticed very quickly is how so many people appear to throw insults and one another, when its not obvious to me its an invasion of other supporters just opinions differ that some people seem to object to so I would be more interested in the poll asked about do you hold back posting things because of the reaction you anticipate you will get?

Numerous times I've written a reply then thought.... do you know what....... then cancelled it

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I came on here as I had been told NSC was discussing the trashing of the Toby Woodingdean. Then stayed lurked a bit and sometimes post... more about music than football as I'm NITK.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He’s in the banned forever list isn’t he (or she)?

What was it, racism?

Had had a mass fall out with Race who was a Leeds fan who lost her daughter and NSC made her an honorary Albion fan and there was some lovely massages of support for their family.

Watford O bucked that trend and abused her

He was then ostracised

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have never posted on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was on the original Brighton fans mailing list ran by Manc Seagull?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Dived straight in in 98.

It's changed a lot over the years. Probably because the ages of the user base has increased. I'm sure it was much younger in the early years.

It was a lot more 'risque' back in the day but even then it needed NSP as it's naughtier little brother.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Had had a mass fall out with Race who was a Leeds fan who lost her daughter and NSC made her an honorary Albion fan and there was some lovely massages of support for their family.

He was then ostracised

Starry. The Leeds fan was Starry - I think she still posts when we play Leeds

Race was, IIRC, Guy Butters' missus

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

He was then ostracised

Crikey, what a low.

I recall nsc activity circa 15 years ago when the nsc antisemitism thing blew up and The Argus (with its aggressive posters) stuck its nose in. Quite revealing of some sick parts of our society in general. Then the era of the failed local politician/fog expert :lol:

NSC's tamer these days imho.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I stand corrected…yes it was Starry.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Remember when guy was drinking laying on his sofa and Race asked if anyone wanted to ask him a question….that was a genius night

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
[MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] is still around, but not Kylie's chimney sweep sadly, but is a little ...... um .. older and more mature ? (I'm sure he can defend himself :wink:)

I'll now steal his thunder by pointing out he was the first ever person to mention Graham Potter on NSC - sorry dwayne :thumbsup:

I used to be an admin back in the late 90s/early 00s and took great pleasure in deleting many of [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION]'s late-night posts - even when he would start an initially innocent-looking thread. And I'm not apologising for it even now!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
First went on NSC in its earliest incarnation, the 'Albion Campaign Pages', in 1996 (I was just called 'Kev' - there weren't many users then!)

I suggested on there we boycott the Mansfield game as a protest against Archer. It then got taken up by BISA, and resulted in the lowest-ever home attendance at the Goldstone Ground.

So that's my little bit of 'NSC history'.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I used to be an admin back in the late 90s/early 00s and took great pleasure in deleting many of [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION]'s late-night posts - even when he would start an initially innocent-looking thread. And I'm not apologising for it even now!

dwayne is a changed man.

(I hope he's not, just 20 years older like the rest of us). It was just a little raucous back then :lolol:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
dwayne is a changed man.

(I hope he's not, just 20 years older like the rest of us). It was just a little raucous back then :lolol:

He's certainly calmed down a lot. He was like Swansman with knobs on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here