Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will ZAMORA score his first goal this season thread?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's all got a tad embarrassing IMHO. The powers-that-be obviously thought that by signing BZ on the back of a truly dreadful season, they'd at least reinvigorate the faithful, coax a few of the Withdean Five Thousand out of retrement and sell a shitload of shirts. Turns out the other summer signings were so decent that nobody was really clamouring for BZ to be given some game time, and the vast majority are too young to even sing the proper Zamora song, opting instead for the generic Seven Nation Army crap, And BZ's cameo appearances are just that. Sadly he has next to zero impact on a game. Maybe the 'never go back' brigade had a point after all. Might as well have signed Peter Ward on a one year deal in the Summer, for all the difference it's made.

You have only seen him play at the Amex for short periods of time. It's already been pointed out that he had two assists at Bolton. I don't call that zero impact.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would suspect he would be great for the dressing room etc and I wasn't to pleased like a few that we signed him as its wages that could have gone towards a goal scorer.I would suspect he's on around 20k a week for doing very little although he has other antributes naturally.
Problem is when we have hemed or baldock missing for longer periods and Zamora is crocked or still unfit after spending the whole summer scoffing many Chinese meals and a few vindaloos.This will happen and our strike force will be in big trouble and that means spending even more money on a loan player.
Thankfully everything is hunky dory and let's hope it stays that way :)

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
What has happened to the word respect
10 games in and top of the league and Zamora is playing for Brighton once more
What more can anyone want?
Bobby is a major part of where we are today whatever our fortunes will be in the future
Even if it doesn't pan out we are only 10 games in at the moment, strange mindset of some people

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Never in doubt.

He's been great this year, you can see his premiership quality. Good all round play, and a lovely finish today too!

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
I've got $50 with a mate saying he won't score 7 (League) goals.
Did have my doubts that he'd even make 7 appearances at the start of the season.
An absolutely dreadful signing - we should be looking to the future, not the past.
He's taking up valuable real estate on the team bench.

Have to stick my hand up and admit I got this hopelessly wrong.
Very happy to be paying out though - would have to rank as the best $50 bet I ever lost.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
It's all got a tad embarrassing IMHO. The powers-that-be obviously thought that by signing BZ on the back of a truly dreadful season, they'd at least reinvigorate the faithful, coax a few of the Withdean Five Thousand out of retrement and sell a shitload of shirts. Turns out the other summer signings were so decent that nobody was really clamouring for BZ to be given some game time, and the vast majority are too young to even sing the proper Zamora song, opting instead for the generic Seven Nation Army crap, And BZ's cameo appearances are just that. Sadly he has next to zero impact on a game. Maybe the 'never go back' brigade had a point after all. Might as well have signed Peter Ward on a one year deal in the Summer, for all the difference it's made.

Hmmmmm.....

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
"He hasn't got the legs"
"he won't start games"

Cue BZ starting, heading the ball out from the corner and then sprinting up the other end to score a lovely volley.

Well done :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Jason Roberts set the standard for 'veteran Premier League Strikers transforming a Championship side'. What an affect he had on Reading's title push in 2012. He scored 6 from 17 games having turned 34 in the January window he was signed.

Well. Lord Sir Robert Lester Zamora has aced him. At 35, he has made 22 appearance this season and has got 7 goals. His signing was justified months ago but he has made such an effect that unfortunately, he is our best striker at the moment (although Wilson is back on form). I say unfortunately, not to the detriment of Sir Bob, but because he was never signed as a number 1 striker and the fact he seems to be the only player to be able to score regularly highlights a need for another striker. Anyway, long may his goalscoring continue. I love the man and now want to see him score for us in the Premier League - an impossible dream? Maybe not!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I was firmly in the "waste of money" camp when he was re-signed, inspite of the general euphoria on here. I just didn't see the point, or where an unfit, uninterested 30-something would fit into our plans.

Personally, I'd rather the money had been used on nurturing future talent. Imagine if we'd passed up on signing a young Bobby Zamora 16 years ago in favour of bringing Garry Nelson back from Torquay - just to keep the fans happy.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong but I couldn't see the point in bringing Zamora back at the time and nothing I have seen since has changed my mind. The past is best left in the past.

You're mistake was comparing Bobby Zamora to Garry Nelson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here