Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When will our fans turn?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
…because our model is to sell best players and managers (not that we have any choice realistically, but it will frustrate)

I’m just wondering when this will lead to spectacular sense of entitlement perhaps from some quarters? Or are we more grounded than more massive clubs like Wednesday and Leeds?
I fully expect that at some point we will be in the championship again. Bloom wont live forever, we can see that the brilliant system that unearthed MacAllister, Caicedo, Cucurella also unearthed Locadia and Dahoud.

There will probably come a time when we get a few more misses combined with a manager not as good as the incumbent. Right now in every sense we are a club punching above our weight. We're the envy of many similar sized clubs and you can be sure that whatever the Brighton/Brentford Algorithm witchcraft is, there will be millions being spent by others on trying to replicate it, copy it and close that gap. We have first mover advantage, that wont last forever.

Being a child of the 70's, and being through the Archer/Bellotti years....... this club, in this stadium, with all these present memories...... even if playing again in the Championship, will still be good (except the inbility to sell your Amex seat on ticket exchange!).

I'd be more upset for Bloom, for what he has invested in money and time, than i would for myself as a fan.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
:flameboun

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Oh ffs. We have not wingers fit for weeks and weeks. We went months without a full back. We never replaced caicedo.

Wingers was a freak occurance. Caicedo we hoped Baleba would be good enough. I think the one thing we all saw coming was full back issue.

But anyone who turns is a fool imho. We still have two chances of a trophy and both would bring back European football.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh ffs. We have not wingers fit for weeks and weeks. We went months without a full back. We never replaced caicedo.

Wingers was a freak occurance. Caicedo we hoped Baleba would be good enough. I think the one thing we all saw coming was full back issue.

But anyone who turns is a fool imho. We still have two chances of a trophy and both would bring back European football.
Noticing a few who are only around during the bad times crawling back onto the site tonight…

Also agree.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Haven’t we signed the most signed wonderkid in a computer game? That shows some ambition, I think.

Would anyone on here have turned down 115 million for caicedo?

Yes we should have signed a full back.

We did sign a goalie and goalscorer. Our wingers have all been injured at the same time. Lots and lots of bad luck as well.

Some of our fans moaning don’t see bigger picture. Still above Chelsea who showed all the ambition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here