Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When was your 1st Albion game ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
17th November 1973 v Chesterfield. 0-0

Can't remember anything other than my team, St Francis U12s had had a tour of the Goldstone prior to the game. Didn't go again until 1976/77 v Halifax. Regrettably, not stop going since!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
27th December 1982

Brighton 0-1 Southampton

In the chicken run, Sammy Nelson played for us that day.....that’s about all I can remember.

el punal

Away at Aldershot, FA Cup 1967. Bunked off the coach home after a school second XI morning match at Farnham or somewhere thereabouts. Scintillating 0-0 draw. As the crowd filed out at the end, the crush was such that I was able to lift both feet off the ground at the same time - and keep them there!
First home match soon after - Charlie Livesey's goals secured a win against Tranmere.

I was at the replay at the Goldstone when we won 3-1, there was a big crowd as we had drawn Chelsea for the 4th round tie. My abiding memory was the North Stand doing a very naughty chant of “Whose the goalie with the big fat arse? Godfrey! Godfrey!” - their tribute to the Aldershot keeper, Tony Godfrey. :blush:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Can we have a poll with dates from about 1960? I Think we would be amazed how many posters have been following Albion for 40 years plus.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
15th April 1992

Brighton 1-2 Derby

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
My first game was a 0-0 draw in 1962 home to Liverpool in the 2nd division, we got relegated and Liverpool promoted at the end of the season. I was also at the Aldershot FA Cup away game as well as the Chelsea home draw.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
April 69. Home v Gillingham. Last game of the season. Gills needed a result to stay up.

They got it! We lost 0-2.

el punal

Can we have a poll with dates from about 1960? I Think we would be amazed how many posters have been following Albion for 40 years plus.

Count me in! December 1965, my first Albion game was a draw with Bedford Town in the FA Cup, 1-1.

Blimey, that makes it nearly 55 years - I think I’d better go and lie down for a bit. :ohmy:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Away at Aldershot, FA Cup 1967. Bunked off the coach home after a school second XI morning match at Farnham or somewhere thereabouts. Scintillating 0-0 draw. As the crowd filed out at the end, the crush was such that I was able to lift both feet off the ground at the same time - and keep them there!
First home match soon after - Charlie Livesey's goals secured a win against Tranmere.

Always thought you were younger [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Mine was 27th February 1971, a boring 0-0 draw against Preston North End.
When was yours ?

28 February 1968, 1-0 v Walsall.
My 9th birthday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here