Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When was your 1st Albion game ?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
January 6th 1962 - home v the all conquering (well they were pretty good at the time!) Blackburn Rovers in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. 20,405 people present, bloody freezing, the smell of Bovril and the roar of the crowd, inexplicably exciting and a 0-3 defeat meant an immediate introduction to the rhythm of the now all too familiar pre-match excitement and anticipation only for it all to be dashed in 90 minutes resulting in the short-term post-match re-calibration of my love for all things Albion!!

Meanwhile, 58 years later ................

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Can’t remember the exact game but I think it was September 77 at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Brighton 2 Reading 1 (A.Duffy 2) March 27th 1970 - crowd 32,036 (Good Friday ?)

Why my father chose to take me (8 years old) to one of the biggest crowds in Goldstone history for my first match is beyond me. We were top of Division 3 but after this win but we lost the next 3 games , all away, and slipped out of the top 2 and only had 11,000 at our next home game.

I can remember it being packed to the rafters and standing near the floodlight pylons in the Chicken run North Stand end.

Rovert_Fugazi

RovertFugazi
Feb 15, 2010
First match

3-1 victory Sept, I think Alex Dawson and Kit Napier were among the scorers, again I think. Came down by train, when I turned round the corner by the church that was to the south of the ground, looking over the beautiful green pitch and North Stand in full voice I was hooked.

D

Deleted member 2719

North-East Terrace on a milk crate in 1973 we lost 0-1 to Halifax.

ee ba gum that were a tough season.

Mostyn

Aug 20, 2008
W.Yorkshire
8th birthday present - 11th February 1978 v Burnley - won 2-1 apparently, have little memory of match beyond standing on crate on east terrace. Have just found the programme on eBay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here