Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When was the last time you saw the Kingsmeadow stadium

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Yep, that 94 cup game. Horrible day from start to finish.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Must have been about five or six years ago, went there with Horsham, only about 50 of us in the away terrace (still behind the goal at this point) and we won 4-2! Kings Meadow had fantastic support that day too, but AFC didn't own the ground yet!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
1994 Cup tie losing to Kingstonian

This! Bit of handbags after the game...anyone remember the fat lad swinging punches into brighton fans and then legging it down the touch line after getting jumped on by a policeman.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, was definitely Kings Meadow.[/QUOTE

As I said I went to a game against Kingstonian when tbey had their old ground on the road from Kingston to Ham must gave been 80s as I lived in Epsom and caught the 406 bus home and I left Epsom in 87. Not sure what the game was pre season friendly or cup. I remember tge Kings Meadow games also. Incidentally Chelsea want to buy Kings Meadow to play DS and womens games if AFC get back to Plough Lane.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
1994 - Few people seem to remember the Met police charging into the BHA fans behind the goal and indiscriminately using their batons in response to a few of our fans who had begun dismantling the perimeter concrete hoardings and were throwing them onto the pitch in disgust at the scoreline.

Yes I remember giving the Met some verbals. Also, a Brighton fan desperately trying to rip his shirt off in disgust, a la The Incredible Hulk, but not having the strength to beat the polyester. My Everton STH mate (who lives in Kingston) came to the game and found it all highly amusing - he still goes on about it.

PG

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Remember it well in 1994.
Awful game but they served the best chips I'd ever had at a stadium.
Remember the guy struggling to rip off his shirt in the goal mouth afterwards. Possibly the biggest over reaction I've seen to a defeat!
Also remember listening to 606 after the game and an Albion fan called in to demand a rematch as his wheelchair had been walked into by a steward or something similar!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The Sir Robert Peel was a topless dancers bar then moved over to strippers put your money in the glass. Not sure if it is still open or been closed and demolished.

Pound in the pot, however was welcoming enough to be paid double bubble for her barnstorming finale in an Albion shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here