When was the last time you saw the Kingsmeadow stadium

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jul 7, 2003
When we played in a preseason friendly a few years ago.

When we played a preseason friendly about 15 years ago. Remember giving Paul Watson loads of stick for his inability to tackle.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was there for the infamous Kingstonian game. And at the time, I.used to play there every week on the five a side pitch adjacent to the ground.

And Wimbledon have equalised. Lovely to see the fat bloke who scored - who was clearly being goaded by the bin dippers behind the goal - giving the old sssssshh and ear cupping, especially to one particular bearded scouse gobshite in the crowd.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Shudder indeed, though I thought it was 1-1 or was that the Woking game?. Anyway it was where you could drink in the clubhouse and the locals were friendly but after the game one of our supporters was decked when he ran on the pitch at full time.....20 years has clouded my memory.

Pre-season friendly against the Dons in July 2009.

Much better experience than the fa cup game against Kingstonian in 94 when our fans were throwing scarves onto the pitch at the end in disgust at the quality of our performance. Thankfully I've exorcised the ghosts of that crappy day.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Season 2004/2005 as Chairman of Newport (Isle of Wight) FC for Isthmian League 1 fixture v AFC Wimbledon

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
1994 - Few people seem to remember the Met police charging into the BHA fans behind the goal and indiscriminately using their batons in response to a few of our fans who had begun dismantling the perimeter concrete hoardings and were throwing them onto the pitch in disgust at the scoreline.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It was about 11 years ago: I went to a few AFC Wimbledon games. I've an idea my last game was AFC against Carshalton. The visitors' keeper played a blinder and snaffled a man of the match award - the first and only time in my football-watching career that I've seen a visiting player so rewarded

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
1994 - Few people seem to remember the Met police charging into the BHA fans behind the goal and indiscriminately using their batons in response to a few of our fans who had begun dismantling the perimeter concrete hoardings and were throwing them onto the pitch in disgust at the scoreline.

There was a fair bit of racist behaviour going on that day as well

Glamour of the cup

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
every day as i live on the same road! never been in it though actually and bensgrandad, the peel has indeed now been demolished.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
1994 Cup tie losing 1-2, There was no stand behind the goal then! The pitch was dire Minton was waste deep shocker!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports