Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When was the last time an Albion home game was abandoned due to the weather/pitch?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I was in the sponsors' lounge at the Goldstone when Gulls Eye sponsored a home game against Cardiff that was rained off late. But I've never been to an abandoned game (except York obviously)

Ah, remember it well. I heard the news on radio and did a u turn back home. Upon arrival back home, I was tasked with the job of taking my young son to the Sooty and Sweep Show at Worthing Pier.

Given the Albions form at the time, the latter was probably more entertaining......

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
How did this game ever start ? i remember there were thousands of us packed in and seriously could not believe it when the ref said Yep thats fine lets play !!!

[yt]QYEcTp_Nhac[/yt]

That day was the only day I've ever had a run in with a policeman at a football match. I was in the RAF at the time, based at Cranwell which was just one station up the line at Grantham. I had to have a huge row with a copper at Peterborough station after the game because I wanted to go north, but the police were herding all Brighton fans onto the southbound platform. He only relented after about 5 minutes when I showed him my RAF id card.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
That day was the only day I've ever had a run in with a policeman at a football match. I was in the RAF at the time, based at Cranwell which was just one station up the line at Grantham. I had to have a huge row with a copper at Peterborough station after the game because I wanted to go north, but the police were herding all Brighton fans onto the southbound platform. He only relented after about 5 minutes when I showed him my RAF id card.

There were two miracles that day. The first was the game took place despite the pitch being covered in snow.

The second: Justin Fashanu ACTUALLY started a game for Brighton !!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
New Years day against Southend should have been abandoned but you've got to go way back to find an Albion game that was abandoned unless you count the Irish punch up

That pitch was awful. Whole day made worse by my stinking hangover, the defeat and the constant barrage of homophobia from the Southend fans. Scummy twats, I hate them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here