Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When playing out from the back goes wrong

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dunk would pass it to Steele or someone else. The more that join the press the more vulnerable they become….

Dunk would pass it to Steele or someone else. The more that join the press the more vulnerable they become….
Like I say, would only take one guy. Instead he's allowed to stroll around imperiously, looking for all the world like a holy Roman Emperor whose legs have gone :lol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Like I say, would only take one guy. Instead he's allowed to stroll around imperiously, looking for all the world like a holy Roman Emperor whose legs have gone :lol:
Only he doesn't, does he - he stands there, studs on the ball, willing to be pressed. It's what he wants to happen.

Your "meaningful press of Lewis Dunk" is De Zerbi's "quick progression through the lines" as, when pressed, Dunk will have an available outlet - one that has been drilled into the team hundreds of times a week in training - enabling Albion to easily beat that press and quickly get on the attack.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only he doesn't does he - he stands there, studs on the ball, willing to be pressed. It's what he wants to happen.

Your "meaningful press of Lewis Dunk" is De Zerbi's "quick progression through the lines" as, when pressed, Dunk has an available outlet - one that has been drilled into the team hundreds of times a week in training - enabling Albion to easily beat that press and quickly get on the attack.
Well, one of us kver
Only he doesn't, does he - he stands there, studs on the ball, willing to be pressed. It's what he wants to happen.

Your "meaningful press of Lewis Dunk" is De Zerbi's "quick progression through the lines" as, when pressed, Dunk has an available outlet - one that has been drilled into the team hundreds of times a week in training - enabling Albion to easily beat that press and quickly get on the attack.
Well one of us is over-projecting complete nonsense here. That statue thing just our side of the centre circle? It's an embarrassment :lol:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

Your "meaningful press of Lewis Dunk" is De Zerbi's "quick progression through the lines" as, when pressed, Dunk will have an available outlet - one that has been drilled into the team hundreds of times a week in training - enabling Albion to easily beat that press and quickly get on the attack.
blimey, even after that season, some people still don't get it, amazing!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Goes against everything I was taught playing football, and all the games be watched over the years. Get it up the field, clear your lines, just boot it, stop pissing about at the back!

A lot of the time your riding the arse clutch and every sinew is being stretched but it’s a beautiful thing when we do it, and do it right.
I take it you played at a level not conducive with De Zerbi ball?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
What I noticed about those clips was how far apart the players of the team that gets turned over are.

When the Albion play out of the back there are generally more of them and they are much closer together, at least the central players are.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

We feature, but given how much we play from the back we were the beneficiaries rather than the daft looking mugs on these clips
I’m pleased they showed the mistake 4 times in each clip, I would have never worked out what was going on. :moo:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
My dad - and, especially, his mate - hate teams playing out from the back.

Haven't got them to admit that they prefer hoofing, but...?

Pointed out that players used to pass back for the goalkeeper to pick up and hold the ball, ffs.

Jimmy Grimble

My dad - and, especially, his mate - hate teams playing out from the back.

Haven't got them to admit that they prefer hoofing, but...?

Pointed out that players used to pass back for the goalkeeper to pick up and hold the ball, ffs.
I’m sure it’s a bit of a generational thing. There’s an old bloke behind us in the WSU who can’t stand it. Loads of ‘don’t pass it back there’ type stuff while his middle aged son tries to explain to him what’s going on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here