Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When is the best time to buy tickets?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I looked yesterday & there wasn't anything for Southampton. Looked earlier & managed to pick up a pair. I've struggled to get tickets this year, even when the exchange has opened.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Hard to understand we are told now 25k members but there are 500 tickets available for the Utd game on Thusday
Probably because of the price! I upgraded a ticket from U21 to adult and was charged £35.11 for the privilege. Because the full one-off price for the ticket is £63.....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not sure how much of a guide this is but my daughter is at uni so have put her ticket on the exchange fairly regularly plus my wife's when she can't go. Generally I wait until 2-3 days before as they won't know until then that they definitely can't go. Even on this timescale they sell 9/10 times. I would think a lot of season ticket holders leave it until the last week before a game to sell.

EDIT: the two in the East Stand Upper I put on last night for Man Utd have not sold yet. Unusual, but may be due to being a Thursday night?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why ? The way they are dotted around it looks like exchange tickets………..500/23,000 STHs putting their ticket up for sale really isn’t that many, plus exchange tickets are only sold at adult prices (ie very high for a Cat A game - WSL tickets for example range from £57-£70 and there are no concessionary prices available) and it’s a school night. Also suspect more have put their ticket on the exchange than usually might bother in the expectation that it’s more likely to sell than certain other games.
They’re too expensive. That’s the bottom line in my opinion. Cheapest is £50 - joke.

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
I've managed to get three in a row for the Southampton game, still a few singles and doubles available in most stands.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Aside from obvious answer to make more money is there any other reason a a concession ticket can only be sold on exchange at full price even to somebody in same age group

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite a lot no-STH-shows near us in the NS against Wolves on Saturday. Including half an entire row next to us.

Did all the exchange tickets get snapped up?

Seems a ‘criminal’ waste. Others missed out on seeing an astonishing performance.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just looked as I’ve been check it a bit and hardly any tickets left now. Doesn’t justify the price at all but good to see at least…

Less than 70 on there now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here