Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When is the best time to buy tickets?

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
So I’ve been to most of the home games this year and I usually snap tickets up as soon as I can. It helps massively that I just go on my own so I only need one seat so can usually get tickets for all the games against teams outside the ‘big 6’. Usually can get decent seats too.

However, when I’ve looked for usually either a few days before the match or the day before or Matchday there seems to be lots of seats released for sale and generally there are a lot of good seats for sale.

So my question are most people just snapping up tickets ASAP or do people find it’s best to wait until nearer the game for more seats to be released?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Season ticket holders can put up their seats for sale once the game has sold out, so a lot more will appear, including pairs and bigger groups of seats. Will be a better choice rather than odd singles, pre sell out. If it doesn't sell out then obviously can't go down this route.

Last edited:

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Season ticket holders can put up their seats foe sale once the game has sold out so a lot more will appear, including pairs and bigger groups of seats. Will beca better choice rather than odd singles, pre out. If it doesn't sell out then obviously can't go down this route.
Thanks for the explanation. Will probably wait it out and hopefully more tickets will be available for the Southampton game then.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I don’t think there is an optimal time to check and would advise checking regularly as tickets become available based on individual circumstances, even on a match day

I put a pair on for the Everton game in the coach park on Saturday. Time we were back on the A27 they had gone

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Hard to understand we are told now 25k members but there are 500 tickets available for the Utd game on Thusday

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Hard to understand we are told now 25k members but there are 500 tickets available for the Utd game on Thusday
Can be a communication issue - e.g. ticket exchange releases and suchlike making tickets become available but the members might already have checked and saw the game was a sell-out, so don't bother going back on. Maybe the club need to push the potential availability right up to at least the lunchtime of the match, with a (targeted?) email reminding people to check the ticket site. Don't forget it is a school night AND on TV, as well, which can dent attendance.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We have always had a hardcore and fair weathered fans since the day dot. It’s sad day when v Palace we can’t sell out and ST holders don’t bother going because it’s a bit awkward to get away from after the match.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Just bought my ticket for the home game V Southampton. Much better choice today than yesterday.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just bought my ticket for the home game V Southampton. Much better choice today than yesterday.
They went to purchase history window yesterday and the remaining tickets sold out. The ticket exchange then opened for ST holders which is why seats suddenly popped up. Expect this to happen right up to the day before the game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why ? The way they are dotted around it looks like exchange tickets………..500/23,000 STHs putting their ticket up for sale really isn’t that many, plus exchange tickets are only sold at adult prices (ie very high for a Cat A game - WSL tickets for example range from £57-£70 and there are no concessionary prices available) and it’s a school night. Also suspect more have put their ticket on the exchange than usually might bother in the expectation that it’s more likely to sell than certain other games.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
We have always had a hardcore and fair weathered fans since the day dot. It’s sad day when v Palace we can’t sell out and ST holders don’t bother going because it’s a bit awkward to get away from after the match.
Yeah... but it's only Palace, can't expect us to sell out when we play minnows like them...

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
I'm looking to buy three Southampton tickets (1xadult & 2xkids) but unfortunately I can't find any that are seated together - all singles or doubles. I'll keep looking but does anyone know if there's an easier way of checking whether 3 in a row become available instead of looking at each section of the stadium - it doesn't seem very user friendly!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm looking to buy three Southampton tickets (1xadult & 2xkids) but unfortunately I can't find any that are seated together - all singles or doubles. I'll keep looking but does anyone know if there's an easier way of checking whether 3 in a row become available instead of looking at each section of the stadium - it doesn't seem very user friendly!
Only exchange tickets on sale I think - so unlikely to be 3 together, and even if there are they will all be at adult price.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I don’t think it is a restriction, just more likely a single or double will be resold rather than a set of three bouncing beauties.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I don’t think there is an optimal time to check and would advise checking regularly as tickets become available based on individual circumstances, even on a match day

I put a pair on for the Everton game in the coach park on Saturday. Time we were back on the A27 they had gone
I might have bought those! Couldn’t go originally, change of plans and saw a couple come up that I swiped asap!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

How times have changed. The view from there isn’t even that good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here