Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When do you think Bloom would pull the trigger?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
What I worry about is that people seem to think it is assured it will all come good one day with Garcia and that he is a god just because Bloom appointed him. With a full squad he may come good but half the season is gone. Yes, I know he was a very good footballer in Spain and yes I know he won the league title from 10 teams is it ? In Israel, hardly a hotbed of football but all I have seen so far has left very worried. Even with the team out yesterday we should be trampling over Yeovil if we are to have any ambition left at all.

Errr........ we have played 12 league matches, there are 34 league matches still to play.
There are some seriously pathetic posts on here sometimes

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Errr........ we have played 12 league matches, there are 34 league matches still to play.
There are some seriously pathetic posts on here sometimes

The fully fit squad won't come into play until half the season has gone.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We are 13 points off automatic promotion and 8 points off a play off place after 12 games with Bloom saying at the start of the season the play offs was the target again so I personally do not think it unreasonable of people to ask some questions without people calling them idiots so the OP raised a valid question for me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
1)In what sense is it at the expense of a well funded football team? The team wouldn't get the money if the hotel is not built.
2) It is an excellent site for an hotel. Attached to a conference centre betwixt two universities, it will be packed. I've organised shit loads of conferences especially medical and educational ones and an hotel there will work without question.

The one thing Brighton is not short of is hotels. It's a small town where you can walk from anywhere to anywhere else in about ten minutes. Only us football fans have to submit to an hour's queue for a beery eight minute ride back into town from Falmer.it's the single most rubbish aspect of the whole new stadium thing. Most Brighton visitors come for weekends, Most BHAFC games (just about) take place at weekends. Why on earth would a hotel guest want to stay there? It's shit enough trying to get back into town as it is.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The fully fit squad won't come into play until half the season has gone.

Then crawl back under your stone and come back again when we have played 23 matches. Then your moan may be justified

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We are 13 points off automatic promotion and 8 points off a play off place after 12 games with Bloom saying at the start of the season the play offs was the target again so I personally do not think it unreasonable of people to ask some questions without people calling them idiots so the OP raised a valid question for me.

perhaps its the title of the thread...not if but when...you seem to have assumed by that.. that he will pull the trigger

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

So what did you expect him to say at the begining of the season, "we are looking to escape relegation and stay in the Championship".,
Of course he is going to say what said, but he didnt know that we were going to have our worse injury crisis in his lifetime.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
After we lost at Coventry in 2111 during our first season back in the championship....i think we were roughly in the same league place...performances were crap as i recall....do you think TB was thinking he had a problem then? (not getting at you..genuine question)

Yeah I'd have thought that he did. Presumably it's a moving feast? I'm not calling for his head (Garcia) far from it with our injury list. But if those players came back and it didn't improve then those questions are going to become louder in his mind. As proved with Slade, I don't think TB is afraid to make the tough decisions but he is not a kneejerk type of Chairmen so I would expect Oscar to get a fair crack of the whip...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So what did you expect him to say at the begining of the season, "we are looking to escape relegation and stay in the Championship".,
Of course he is going to say what said, but he didnt know that we were going to have our worse injury crisis in his lifetime.

Also, you set your targets high..and it wasnt unreasonable of him to say play offs...i still see this as a transition season ...having said that i don't want a relegation fight and i am finding it frustrating watching Albion at the mo

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeah I'd have thought that he did. Presumably it's a moving feast? I'm not calling for his head (Garcia) far from it with our injury list. But if those players came back and it didn't improve then those questions are going to become louder in his mind. As proved with Slade, I don't think TB is afraid to make the tough decisions but he is not a kneejerk type of Chairmen so I would expect Oscar to get a fair crack of the whip...

Ta and i concur

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Exactly. The choice of manager will not change this. Or are you suggesting sacking Garcia after 12 games, getting someone else in, then after another 12 games all our players come back during which time our form is no better as we have had a weakened team still so sacking that manager as well. Madness.

I did not say he should be sacked anywhere I was merely commenting on the situation at present.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's probably about time we spoke to Tony Pulis, I would have thought.
It's easier to say, 'lovin your work Ninj' instead of whooshing everybody that it past by.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Also, you set your targets high..and it wasnt unreasonable of him to say play offs...i still see this as a transition season ...having said that i don't want a relegation fight and i am finding it frustrating watching Albion at the mo

I think we all are, but sacking Oscar after 12 games, and getting a new manager who will inherit the same injury list is not going to solve the problem IMHO

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
blimey, there must be some history between you guys to warrant the abuse you throw at each other..lol

FWIW I think the oddest appointment was Nathan jones after Garcia and the boys were brought in. Not sure what he brings to the party other than he can speak the lingo. hes the one barking out the orders and TBH im not sure the players listen to him one bit.

im sure someone will enlighten me.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The one thing Brighton is not short of is hotels. It's a small town where you can walk from anywhere to anywhere else in about ten minutes. Only us football fans have to submit to an hour's queue for a beery eight minute ride back into town from Falmer.it's the single most rubbish aspect of the whole new stadium thing. Most Brighton visitors come for weekends, Most BHAFC games (just about) take place at weekends. Why on earth would a hotel guest want to stay there? It's shit enough trying to get back into town as it is.

Don't think the club will do a business plan then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here