Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When do you think Bloom would pull the trigger?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The thing is nowadays managers don't get years to attain a status or be successful, if things don't improve quickly and we climb back up the table how will Barber and co sell 25000 season tickets ? I want Oscar to be a success but all I see at the moment is a team in disarray signing any old journeyman they can when all this should have been sorted months ago.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The thing is nowadays managers don't get years to attain a status or be successful, if things don't improve quickly and we climb back up the table how will Barber and co sell 25000 season tickets ? I want Oscar to be a success but all I see at the moment is a team in disarray signing any old journeyman they can when all this should have been sorted months ago.

They do when they dont have foreign owners who demand success in every single game and then sack a manager when they lose one.

Some fans have a "Chelsea fan" mentality.....says it all.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He has been banned without reason by someone on this site (I genuinely don't know who). I'm sure he would be only too happy to share his take on the current slump if he were allowed.

Oh, good.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
What I want to see is a consistent approach and a clear style, regardless of results. The fact we have looked excellent in a couple of games doesn't impress me when we've looked awful in others. Can someone please tell me what Oscar's style of football is? At least with Gus, regardless of whether you think he performed well or not, I knew PRECISELY what we were trying to do in every game. Suddenly all his chat about having an identity makes great sense. I've watched 10 of our 13 matches this season and I don't know much more about what Oscar is trying to do or how his teams play now than I did in July.

Having a settled side with the players used to each others style and movement would give that. But we havnt had a settled side becauseof all the injuries.
So he needs to be given more time, and a settled side before people pass judgement and call for his head.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Some of the shit on here really. Said it it on another thread we are only 4 points worse off than last season Oscar's going no where.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well if your question is "how long Bloom might potentially give a manager?" I would say that Oscar is here to play a massive part in the academy and is key to our future.

If the question is "When do you think Bloom will pull the trigger? it is insinuating a messy quick fire Poyet ending. That will never happen and Poyet was an exception from the rule.

But how does this thread impact the day to day running of the club like you suggest it will?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You are correct - he's like the scummy gutter press, he thrives on negativity. Although actually, if you think he's bad, you wait till Withdean Wanderer turns up. 2 more losses should see his return.

Maybe that bang on the head at Birmingham knocked some sense in to him...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You are correct - he's like the scummy gutter press, he thrives on negativity. Although actually, if you think he's bad, you wait till Withdean Wanderer turns up. 2 more losses should see his return.

To be fair to TCB he's quite a good poster these days. Ever since he stopped only posting for a reaction his posts have got much better, and he does talk a lot of sense.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If and I do stress if we continue going in the wrong direction. Relegation is unthinkable and I don't think it will come to that. But if don't beat Watford or Doncaster. I think Blackburn could be a massive game for Garcia, being just before another two week break. This isn't scare mongering, it is a genuine question. Bloom won't just sit back and see us falling and falling, far to much money at stake for that. Win against Watford and Doncaster and it's happy days again. But we all know football is a results business and the harsh reality is, we are not getting the results atm.

Well. One month on.........

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I'm waiting for someone to bounce the threads from the first couple of games when we were "definitely getting relegated". Hopefully we'll wait until the end of the season before naming and shaming.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm waiting for someone to bounce the threads from the first couple of games when we were "definitely getting relegated". Hopefully we'll wait until the end of the season before naming and shaming.
Hopefully someone will.
I can't for the life of me remember the thread I preached my undying love for Oscar, sometime after the Burnley game.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Could only find the 'League 1 Bus' thread.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He has been banned without reason by someone on this site (I genuinely don't know who). I'm sure he would be only too happy to share his take on the current slump if he were allowed.

Nothing here for him at the moment though, we're doing well :smile:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Hopefully someone will.
I can't for the life of me remember the thread I preached my undying love for Oscar, sometime after the Burnley game.

I'm unashamedly in the same camp as you. This guy is the real deal and will prove it. In the days and weeks to come we will realise how lucky we are to have him. BHA is a stepping stone on what is going to be a stellar management career, culminating in one of the mega jobs.
Lets enjoy the ride.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So in a nutshell you don't think Bloom would act at all. 5 mths ago, 90 mins from Wembley. Now 14th and sliding in the wrong direction. If your looking for an idiot, look in the mirror. ..

Never a more appropriate comment by a more appropriate person......

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I am convinced that it is not OG or NJ's thought that we are playing badly or struggling, it is mine. I cannot remember the last away game that I went to and we won, so I can promise you that I will not be going to Doncaster, Wigan or Bournemouth. If our fortunes turn, you will know why!:(
Whatever you do Birdie boy please carry on staying at home on match away days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here