Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When do you think Bloom would pull the trigger?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Unless we're flirting with the drop come Jan, Oscar's got the whole season.

We look like relegation fodder at the moment, time to sort it the **** out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Again, what would you expect him to say? "Didn't get a proper pre-season, players feeling the after effects of a play off loss, players growing to trust a new manager, a new manager getting to know his team and the division, no wayne bridge, qpr, reading and wigan looking strong, blimey, we'll be lucky to avoid a relegation dogfight. Let's hope no more players get injured, eh?" Of course he is going to say that he hoped for a top 6 finish. No owner is going to tell fans he expects less than the season before. To hold that up as a suggestion that anything less than top 6 means head will roll is wrong. Even if when he said it he meant it (I suspect he realised it was at least 'not nailed on'), he is not naive or stubborn enough to maintain it in the face of the 14 injured players over the course of the opening 12 games.

It's also worth noting that when he said that our only injuries were Hoskins, CMS, and Chicksen. None of whom were available while we were showing the (second?) best form of any team in the championship.

I was anwering the previous poster, Tricky Dicky, who didn't believe that Oscar had been told that by TB.

I also dispute the 'didn't get a proper pre-season. Oscar started at the beginning of July on the same day that the players came back from holiday. He had a whole week in Spain with them getting to know them 3 weeks after starting his job.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I use this site to support the club 100%, if posters don't like my opinion on other peoples opinion, that's fine, it doesn't mean I shouldn't share it.

Some posters can have a pop at Bloom, Barber, Burk, Oscar and individual players, but when someone has a pop at them they spit the dummy.

Sometimes people need to take their shit tinted glasses off and I am more than happy to express this view.

Whatever, none of that addresses how us discussing how long Bloom might potentially give a manager has any impact on the running of the club?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Agreed, this is the most worrying thing. If I could see examples of inspirational leadership or a new style/pattern to our game that looked promising but was failing to come off because of our lack of quality personnel I would be more than happy with him. But it seems to me like not only is he a total dullard who stands on the sidelines with his arms folded for 90 minutes, his team (regardless of who is fit to play in it) struggles to keep possession, create chances or beat a man. He's only had three months to drag us this far down, I dread to think where we could be by Christmas.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?171378-Poyet-is-a-joke-we-re-going-down&highlight=

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?161216-Tony-Bloom-you-re-a-disgrace&highlight=

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-is-a-DISGRACE-to-the-shirt-Merged&highlight=

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?222508-Ashley-Barnes-thick-as-shit&highlight=

Jesus, you dont half moan like a bitch.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't want to see him sacked, I'm desperately hoping he is going to show me some evidence of being a good manager soon so that I find it easier to get behind him. I just haven't seen anything to justify the hype yet. So to answer your question, I wouldn't sack him in the new year unless we are in serious relegation trouble. If we are in the bottom five or six then he pretty much HAS to go by February because we have to give a new man the best possible chance to keep us up. Ideally we will remain at least 6/8 points clear of the drop zone at all times, in which case I'd give him plenty of time to prove himself. I will accept us treading water for the next month as I think we have hard fixtures and obviously plenty of key players missing. But there have to be signs of improvement both in results and style of play in December and January.

What about the performances against QPR and Reading, with a seriously depleted side? We looked genuinely good then, and there seemed to be a clear style of play emerging. Admittedly we definitely seem to have gone backwards since then, but did you not take those 2 games as good signs for the future?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
TB can pull the trigger as often as he likes. All the time he's spending money on building a stupid irrelevant hotel rather than building a team for the Premier League then he gets all he deserves frankly. Furk it, we'll go and watch the team at any level. TB doesn't have that luxury. He NEEDS a return on his investment. We don't. We'll watch any old shit.

Spending money on a hotel has absolutely nothing to do with the budget for players, until ppl like you see this, you continue to sound a tit on the matter.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was anwering the previous poster, Tricky Dicky, who didn't believe that Oscar had been told that by TB.

I also dispute the 'didn't get a proper pre-season. Oscar started at the beginning of July on the same day that the players came back from holiday. He had a whole week in Spain with them getting to know them 3 weeks after starting his job.

But you didn't seem to dispute the inference that it was a condition set by Bloom, or that failure to attain top 6 means Bloom will act.

I specifically said it wasn't a proper pre-season as opposed to a shorter one because I'm aware he Oscar was announced on the wednesday, two days after the players returned, but that those first two days are spent with the medical staff, so Oscar had the right 'on the training ground' time.

As for proper pre-season a manager who carries on from the previous season will know his players well, he will probably know what sort of lapses a particular player has in off season training, he will know which players need what approach, which players need what work. The early part of Oscar's pre-season was spent getting to know his players. He may have had a week in spain getting to know them, but if he waited that long, the first three weeks training would have been less player specific than a manager who already knew them because he was with them last season, and that week in spain is treated differently to how it would have been if the manager was previously in place, it wasn't used as properly for pre-season training but for meet and greets.

From memory most of the pre-season friendlies were arranged before Oscar joined us, and there were some complaints about them, particularly the scheduling of the norwich match midweek so soon after the villareal one. There is also the fact we had 10 pre-season friendlies last season, only 6 this year.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is it me or is TCB only around when there's something to moan about? I don't recall seeing a lot of TCB's posts last year although i don't pay a lot of attention to be honest

You are correct - he's like the scummy gutter press, he thrives on negativity. Although actually, if you think he's bad, you wait till Withdean Wanderer turns up. 2 more losses should see his return.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
What's to dispute? Bloom publicly said that was where he wanted us to finish. Nobody knows what TB said to Oscar at his interview.

Bloom wanting us to finish in the top 6 is probably the same desire of all the managers (excepting QPR and Reading who'll be wanting top 2) however stating that he wants top 6 is not the same as requiring top 6 for Garcia to stay in a job especially if there are mitigating factors.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Whatever, none of that addresses how us discussing how long Bloom might potentially give a manager has any impact on the running of the club?

Well if your question is "how long Bloom might potentially give a manager?" I would say that Oscar is here to play a massive part in the academy and is key to our future.

If the question is "When do you think Bloom will pull the trigger? it is insinuating a messy quick fire Poyet ending. That will never happen and Poyet was an exception from the rule.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What's to dispute? Bloom publicly said that was where he wanted us to finish. Nobody knows what TB said to Oscar at his interview.

That you were implying failure to get top six was a condition set out by Tony, that failure to do so would cost Oscar his job (rather than just something he was hoping for).

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
You are correct - he's like the scummy gutter press, he thrives on negativity. Although actually, if you think he's bad, you wait till Withdean Wanderer turns up. 2 more losses should see his return.

This. Speaking of WW - where is he ? Unusual to be in a period of poor form and not have him coming on to join the usual bedwetters.

On a side note, its that time of year i get to start adding people back onto my ignore list - which is nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here