Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When do we expect a appointment?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Early June would be my expectation. It's a massive decision and one that should be done properly and thoroughly, that process takes weeks and not days. Plus with the players now away until early July no desperate need for a new coach. The existing hierarchy are more than capable of making any football decisions which need to be made in the short term.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
If it is the end of the week, then it won't be Sherwood. If he's not meeting Daniel Levy until tomorrow there isn't enough time to sort things out.

I want Steve Clarke anyway. Think he'd be perfect for us.

They met/spoke earlier and he was releived of duties

Pretty sure Sherwood is being relieved of his duties as we speak/type/binfest this very moment.

Do you have an inside contact there!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I guess we have to place an advert, have a date for applications, have interviews ..... then you can give it to the person you had already decided on.

I think that stuff is sort of a (near) legal requirement (except the last bit).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I guess we have to place an advert, have a date for applications, have interviews ..... then you can give it to the person you had already decided on.

I think that stuff is sort of a (near) legal requirement (except the last bit).

No need to do this. The albion are not the council or NHS etc.

Tony can appoint who he likes, when he likes, now that Oscar has resigned.

We need this sorted before the World Cup starts, otherwise the Hinshelwood scenario looms.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No. We are a laughing stock, whether we appoint Hughton or not.

Nope. No we're not.

Are you this much of a drama queen about everything in your life, or is it just the Albion?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just the Albion :albion2:

Well thank goodness.

I dread to think how you'd have reacted if you wanted a new car & the good Mrs Terryberry informed you the one you liked wasn't in your family budget.

:)

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Well thank goodness.

I dread to think how you'd have reacted if you wanted a new car & the good Mrs Terryberry informed you the one you liked wasn't in your family budget.

:)

In the real world I'm actually quite a happy chap. Just recent events have left me disillusioned. Maybe I'm just falling out of love with football.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

I guess you weren't around in the dark old days? I'm proud of what we've achieved as a club. I could only dream of back to back Championship play offs 15 years ago.

Some people need to step back and take stock a little.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The club clearly just want a yes man. So i expect Chris Hughton to be appointed in the near future. Our club is a joke.

I don't hear anyone laughing. I've spoken with loads of friends who are Albion, both on the net and in person and there hasn't been as much as a chuckle. In fact the non Albion football fans I've spoken with have also not exhibited any humour on the subject.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here