We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
In true Albion fashion, there will be no announcement until 1 August!:facepalm:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Malky will not be our manager he's favourite for Norwich and west brom why would he come here when we have no money to improve the squad

likes a challenge

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Malky will not be our manager he's favourite for Norwich and west brom why would he come here when we have no money to improve the squad

Why would anyone come here when we have no money to improve the squad sufficiently

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Expect the new shirts to be in the store before we appoint anyone.

So, about October

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I feel we need it done asap so we can prepare for next season and the longer it goes without knowing who the manager is going to be will give us less time to get the players we need to give us a good chance of finishing in the top 10 like we have in the last 2 seasons.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Too quickly and the fans will say we didnt do enough research into the next manager- it was a knee jerk reaction. Too slow and the fans will complain that the new manager wont be given enough time to get a squad together.

Either way were doomed.

This isn't the Sussex cricket thread you know ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it's nailed on sherwood if he goes..
Why are people so confident it'll be Sherwood? Wouldn't he also be more likely to go to West Brom, or another team above us?

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Why are people so confident it'll be Sherwood? Wouldn't he also be more likely to go to West Brom, or another team above us?

Perhaps he'd rather be involved in a promotion chase than a relegation battle ? Either way the club will have to move swiftly to secure the services of Oscar's successor .. I dont think we can fanny around over the appointment of a manager in the way that we do trying to lure players ....

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I am pretty certain that we reached agreement with someone AT LEAST two weeks ago. To be fair to Oscar he has given Bloom the chance to be prepared for this, so I would be very surprised if the new man isn't in place by the end of this week.

I'm with the man with the long neck. IF OG made his feelings clear, TB and PB would have been on the lookout for a while.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm pretty sure that Garcia was lined up before the end of last season, one of the reasons that TB was happy to sack Gus. This should be more of a surprise, if the reports that they tried to convince him to stay are true. However I'm sure Burke has got a nice folder full of potential managers, just like he has a database of every player in football....

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I have factions of my family who are Spurs fans - and admittedly I have a soft spot for them myself having grown up in that environment.

Anyways, I've observed the way Sherwood has conducted himself in the last few weeks, and frankly it has changed dramatically.
He was fire-spittingly adamant that he was staying with Spurs and angrilly defending his position, in the face of strong rumours that he was just warming a seat. Yet all of a sudden (about 3 weeks ago) his press conferences / comments changed almost overnight to being ultra laid back and borderline non-chalant...which just might tie in with when OG told TB etc that he was off.

Or of course it could just mean that Sherwood reluctantly resigned himself to his fate and it had nothing to do with us at all!!!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sherwood just went

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I have factions of my family who are Spurs fans - and admittedly I have a soft spot for them myself having grown up in that environment.

Anyways, I've observed the way Sherwood has conducted himself in the last few weeks, and frankly it has changed dramatically.
He was fire-spittingly adamant that he was staying with Spurs and angrilly defending his position, in the face of strong rumours that he was just warming a seat. Yet all of a sudden (about 3 weeks ago) his press conferences / comments changed almost overnight to being ultra laid back and borderline non-chalant...which just might tie in with when OG told TB etc that he was off.

Or of course it could just mean that Sherwood reluctantly resigned himself to his fate and it had nothing to do with us at all!!!

or when van Gaal switched his allegiance to the vacant seat at Man U :lolol:

Wouldn't put it past Levy to have done a cash+job @ Brighton severance deal though......

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
or when van Gaal switched his allegiance to the vacant seat at Man U :lolol:

Wouldn't put it past Levy to have done a cash+job @ Brighton severance deal though......

Yeah he's a shrewd one that Levy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here