Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When do the new kits go on sale?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I emailed the shop last week asking whether they will be in stock by my lads birthday on 21st July and I got a very non committal mid July response which means I still don't know if its worth ordering the kit for his birthday or not.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Probably going to be the first home kit I haven't bought for many a year - really not keen on it and being that it's for one year only, there's just no need. Tempted with the away, but again for only one year it doesn't seem worth it.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Bah, I'd asked for the new home kit for my birthday (tomorrow) assuming it would be out by now. Shall have to wait for at least one of my presents then.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Most clubs alternate between new away & home kits every season, we can't seem to get it right at the moment

do they?

it seems to me that most clubs just have a new home and away kit every season, we were a rarity in having a kit for two seasons, especially in the championship.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yes because we've got a new firm making next seasons kit,Errea contract runs out this year

Are Errea not bidding for the new contract too? They'd be in with a good shout after 14 years with us, good prices, good concessions, and a bespoke kit. The big boys won't offer us such good deals, as they don't have to, we could end up with a identikit set of kits, which will make some people think twice about buying. Look at southamptons efforts for next year, yes they got Adidas, they also got pub team kits. The economics point to staying with a smaller manufacturer, and we know how important our money is to mr Barber now don't we? It will be a fine balancing act between brand and budget, to make sure the margins are high enough, whilst ensuring the brand is attractive enough so that we all buy enough kits, as well as all the leisurewear items.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Just been into the shop and been told press release today or tomorrow with all details regarding release dates for now kits

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Im not buying either until its confirmed the sponsors logo is part of the shirt and not some tacky ironed on effort as they early buyers of the last away kit got lumbered with. Soon as that is confirmed then the order goes in for one of each

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Im not buying either until its confirmed the sponsors logo is part of the shirt and not some tacky ironed on effort as they early buyers of the last away kit got lumbered with. Soon as that is confirmed then the order goes in for one of each

You can see that they're part of the kit in all of the photos. So no need to worry :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

If we 'upgrade' to Nike/Adidas/Puma etc in the future, ie one of the big brands, our kit will have 'ironed on' sponsors logos etc, as that's what they all do now.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Home and away shirts that have been preordered will be sent out Wednesday afternoon - press release now on official website

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here