***WHC IX Quarter Final LIVE Draw***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Every now and then, I feel the WHC competition has had it's day, but then we get draws like that and you realise it's what makes this cup competition so special. Lovely that that the croc, hippo, tiger and GWS are still there. Marvellous.

And a special mention for [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] for doing to the competition exactly what the BBC has done to the FA Cup, keeping it relevant and in the public conscience when you just know that leaving it to amateurs like ITV/ or a NSCer ITV equivalent such as Steve Foster would have consigned it to the bin. Absolutely FINE coverage from our host, superbly played. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
To be fair the Bengal tiger was always used and isn't in the same league as the Siberian tiger...Its like putting a polar bear against a grizzly bear.

True dat. But the Siberian was never nominated/seconded either so it kind of fell at an even earlier hurdle.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why do insects never make it very far? I don't get it ??? Imagine a 10ft tall preying mantis, that'd be absolutely pant-fillingly terrifying.

Ants are hard, but hive mind, so not individual hardness. Preying mantis would look scary, but is a bit of a pussy. Regularly gets taken out by smaller predators, and only kills small stuff itself. Not that hard really. Beetles, now we've not seen a beetle for sometime...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It does look that way, doesn't it? If someone were to report him for his threats of violence to me in post #33, maybe a mod would take action?

Well, it hasn't been reported as of yet, but it was a pretty nasty, aggressive post. The sort of thing that could easily lead to a short ban, at an inconvenient time.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Beetles, now we've not seen a beetle for sometime...

According to the records at WHCHQ, Geneva, we've had (fab) four separate beetles in the competition, all of which got squished in round 1: Dung Beetle (2007), Darwin Beetle and Bombardier Beetle (2010) and Stag Beetle (2014).

Very much a case of "Hello, Goodbye"

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I don't think I've EVER been so excited about the quarter finals, they're all MUST WATCH ties. The sponsors must be absolutely LOVING this, Pringles sales have gone through the ROOF.

I did see someone selling Hippo/Wolverine half-and-half scarves earlier, for those people who aren't prepared to get off the fence.

I'm Team Grasshopper Mouse myself.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It wouldn't be the first, though actually having one created in support of the noble beast that is the Honey Badger might be...

Edit; Assuming it is a second account, I'm fairly certain it's just a badger.

If it was a second account, by definition it wouldn't be the first.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
It does look that way, doesn't it? If someone were to report him for his threats of violence to me in post #33, maybe a mod would take action?

Representative for Badger HQ. I am a badger.

Regards,

Kevin The Badger

The Grasshopper Mouse doesn't have any second accounts because CHEATING isn't HARD.

But if it did have a representative on NSC, its message would be something like this:

"AAAAaAAARGHAAHH:mad::drool::drool::drool::flamebounEEEEEECCCCHHH:drool::drool::drool::rant::rant::angry::mad::angry::censored::censored:GEROFFMAPROPERRTAY:censored::rant::rant::guns::guns::mad::drool::drool::drool:"

#headmental

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports