***WHC IX Quarter Final LIVE Draw***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stumpy Tim

Form:

The People’s Champion has registered 120 votes to date in 2016 making it the highest scoring beast so far. The Great White has amassed 107 votes but both of these had very favourable 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] round draws against relatively easy opposition. Both will expect a strong run but both have limited chances of taking out the title for different reasons (respectively: mod corruption and bottling)

The Siberian Tiger has impressed; the 77 votes it received in demolishing the Orca was the largest number of votes any tiger has received in WHC history (previous highest was 53 in the 2010 QF). However the Wolverine trounced it in Group B and will be expecting to better it’s previous best of a semi final appearance in 2015. From there, who knows?

The Hippo has only failed to reach the semis on one occasion, and has scored higher in the first two rounds this year than it has done since it’s memorable trot to the title in 2010. In other words it’s looking VERY strong. The Grasshopper Mouse will be many people’s outsider of choice, and we’ve seen this sort of groundswell take other low profile beasts all the way before. Facing the GWS is probably one of the easier QF draws, and it’s certainly a decent outside bet at a final place.

Another animal with nothing to prove is the Malayan Sun Bear. A phenomenal debut season, a solid scalp in the form of the Elephant and only beaten in the group stage by the Salt Water Crocodile which, despite having amassed the lowest number of votes so far amongst the remaining beasts will probably go on and win the whole thing again. Beating the Grizzly was the 25th group or match-up victory it has won to date - a WHC record.
Fabulous stats there Sir. Great work

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Only when you bring flairwatch out of retirement.

Indeed.

If this current transfer window, with strong links to players from EQUADOR and ARGENTINA wasn't enough to relight the flair fire, then I fear all hope is lost.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Im delighted, absolutely delighted, that the pesky shrimp got its come-uppance this year but who will the Mods, and in particular their leader, now put their trickery, dickery, and slippery duplicity behind I wonder????? look out for shady goings-on if its anything other than the Mellivora Capensis???

Jan 29, 2015
Im delighted, absolutely delighted, that the pesky shrimp got its come-uppance this year but who will the Mods, and in particular their leader, now put their trickery, dickery, and slippery duplicity behind I wonder????? look out for shady goings-on if its anything other than the Mellivora Capensis???

I can say one thing for sure; it won't be Timmy the badger.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Form:

The People’s Champion has registered 120 votes to date in 2016 making it the highest scoring beast so far. The Great White has amassed 107 votes but both of these had very favourable 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] round draws against relatively easy opposition. Both will expect a strong run but both have limited chances of taking out the title for different reasons (respectively: mod corruption and bottling)

The Siberian Tiger has impressed; the 77 votes it received in demolishing the Orca was the largest number of votes any tiger has received in WHC history (previous highest was 53 in the 2010 QF). However the Wolverine trounced it in Group B and will be expecting to better it’s previous best of a semi final appearance in 2015. From there, who knows?

The Hippo has only failed to reach the semis on one occasion, and has scored higher in the first two rounds this year than it has done since it’s memorable trot to the title in 2010. In other words it’s looking VERY strong. The Grasshopper Mouse will be many people’s outsider of choice, and we’ve seen this sort of groundswell take other low profile beasts all the way before. Facing the GWS is probably one of the easier QF draws, and it’s certainly a decent outside bet at a final place.

Another animal with nothing to prove is the Malayan Sun Bear. A phenomenal debut season, a solid scalp in the form of the Elephant and only beaten in the group stage by the Salt Water Crocodile which, despite having amassed the lowest number of votes so far amongst the remaining beasts will probably go on and win the whole thing again. Beating the Grizzly was the 25th group or match-up victory it has won to date - a WHC record.
To be fair the Bengal tiger was always used and isn't in the same league as the Siberian tiger...Its like putting a polar bear against a grizzly bear.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I can say one thing for sure; it won't be Timmy the badger.

See what I mean - a Mod on one of his/her many accounts set up specifically for this contest guaranteeing that one of the contestants won't win - HOW CAN THIS COMPETITION RETAIN ANY CREDIBILITY when such blatant skullduggery is afoot???

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Still a very intriguing field, as much as I love the hippo, I'm leaning towards the croc or that young upstart the Sun Bear.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Form:

Outstanding work.:bowdown: (we need some kind of WHC smilie...)

If I could add another stat(one the croc won't want to hear): No animal other than the Polar Bear has ever retained the title. In fact, I believe the only champion to even make it to the final the year after winning is the Orca(2011 and 2012, I think...). So those low number of votes for the croc could well be a sign of 'season after syndrome'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports