Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Must be time for a honey badger win this year.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
That sun bear thingy is just Harry Redknapp in a bear suit. Anything but the bear. Rather the tabby cat won.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Should also point out Harry Redknapp bear isn't the world's hardest animal. It's not even the world's hardest bear. Or the 2nd for that matter.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The fourth of our quarter finals and it's a really intriguing one. On the one hand we have the peoples champ, a beast with tremendous vocal backing but, like Jimmy White, seems to fall at the final hurdle against a relative newby who has gained some real traction with the supporter base this season. Who's going to come out on top? The gnarled veteran or the exuberant (tournament)youth?

Malayan Sun Bear

View attachment 71838

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_bear

WHC IX performance:

Second round: Beat African Elephant 63-29
Group D: 2nd 25 votes(21.37%)

The Malayan Sun Bear is in his second season in the WHC. He barely made a ripple last season but this year, from the nominations thread on he has been making bigger and bigger waves. Why? Mostly because of its attitude and aggression. The bear don't give a ****. He's an aggressive little bugger(the smallest bear) that will attack for no perceivable reason and when it does attack there's no mucking about-it goes straight for the head, trying to rip its victims face off and destroy its skull.

Vs

Honey Badger

View attachment 71839

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_badger

WHC IX performance:

Second round: beat Japanese Giant Hornet 75-36
Group C: 1st 45 votes(31.47%)

The honey badger is one of the WHC greats. A three time finalist and multiple semi finalist he has the most devoted fans in the competition. It's easy to see why-he's basically made for the competition. He's small but extremely powerful. He's aggressive and fights with animals many times his size(Lions for example). His thick, loose skin allows him to continue fighting when he's in the jaws of a bigger beast. He can take a battering and give out a worse one. He eats poisonous snakes for breakfast. Is he the complete package? Does he have enough to see of the Malayan Sun Bear? You decide.

Out of interest, how many times has Honey Badger been knocked out in the semis by the eventual Champion?
If staying in the fight is a measure of Hardness, surely Honey Badger has done that more than any other pretender to the throne over the years of WHC?

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Still no-one has actually posted any evidence to prove the Malayan Sun Bear is anymore than a cuddly teddy bear. Yet you can find a video of the Honey Badger fighting off a pack of lions within minutes on YouTube.

If you type into Google... 'most fearless animal in the world', the results are there for all to see. Yes I agree fearlessness is not the only measure of hardness, but the Badgers 'don't give a f**k' attitude is to be admired and counts for a lot in this competition.

The only thing holding it back from winning is the infamous 'anti-Badger brigade' on here, tactically voting against it no matter what the opposition. This is why it has never won the competition, as when it comes up against other genuinely hard beasts the tactical voters help push the opposition to victory.

This year the same force are out in their numbers, but it does seem like more people are beginning to understand the true spirit of the competition.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Out of interest, how many times has Honey Badger been knocked out in the semis by the eventual Champion?
If staying in the fight is a measure of Hardness, surely Honey Badger has done that more than any other pretender to the throne over the years of WHC?

At least three times as its been beaten in the final three times. I believe it lost to the crocodile last year as well. Other than that I'm not sure. Maybe the official WHC statistician [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] knows?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
As posted on another thread, I've seen a honey badger in the wild.

It shat itself and ran away.

Yellow, through and through. Not hard.

I note above that Kalimantan Gull, the only person claiming to have seen a Sun Bear in the wild, observed exactly the same behaviour in them. So perhaps this match between two shysters should be null and voided, and the semi-final place given to a proper hard creature.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

I note above that Kalimantan Gull, the only person claiming to have seen a Sun Bear in the wild, observed exactly the same behaviour in them. So perhaps this match between two shysters should be null and voided, and the semi-final place given to a proper hard creature.
Human maybe?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This is spades. Shameful that these two cuddly gimps slug it out for a semi final place while the great white shark gets ignored.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ooh, this is close. Saving my vote for now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I can only :facepalm: these comments. Do you only vote for creatures that don't run away from human beings!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here