***WHC IX: Quarter final 2***

Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Please. Just LOOK at the GWS, FFS. It is fearsome. Try telling it that it aint hard.

Allternatively, you want a dead shark? How much will that cost? A fortune, because it is extremely difficult and dangerous work getting one. The mouse? Any two bob pest control firm will do it.

And one other thing. Kudos please to the ONLY animal in the animal kingdom that will not be captured for human amusement. Not even the croc or polar bear can say that. The shark just won't have it. HARD.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There it is, GM moves into the lead and it will only get bigger.

It's interesting, 13 votes for the shark, yet not a single post in support. I smell some tactical voting from the BADGERISTS.

Nonsense. Anyone who understand why the HB is hard will vote MOUSE all the way.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolute no brainer. The cannibalism. The HOWLING. The 28 acres. The eating poisonous scorpions.

Mouse by a country mile. He's fantastic. He's what this contest is about. Can people who want to do a "what is the biggest and strongest" competition set up a separate one, it's getting really boring having to constantly explain that the WHC is about POUND FOR POUND hardness?

Fortunately it seems that more and more people are buying into the fun and personality of the WHC, and we're getting far, far more interesting entrants in the last few years. Long may it continue.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Please. Just LOOK at the GWS, FFS. It is fearsome. Try telling it that it aint hard.

Allternatively, you want a dead shark? How much will that cost? A fortune, because it is extremely difficult and dangerous work getting one. The mouse? Any two bob pest control firm will do it.

And one other thing. Kudos please to the ONLY animal in the animal kingdom that will not be captured for human amusement. Not even the croc or polar bear can say that. The shark just won't have it. HARD.

http://www.sharkbookings.com/why-great-white-sharks-cannot-be-kept-in-captivity/

"Great White Sharks are not kept in captivity, for a multitude of reasons; critically, they do not survive."

"They get depressed in captivity. Great White Sharks that are kept within tanks have been known to head butt their `noses into the glass walls and lose their appetites. "

Oh dear.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So, Sharks would be held in captivity but they CAN'T HANDLE IT and DIE?

That is the final nail in the GWS coffin. Shaping up for some absolutely epic semi finals here.

Oct 25, 2003

if you're referring to zoo's/aquariums etc. then that's not true is it

for example: most kinds of whale

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Absolute no brainer. The cannibalism. The HOWLING. The 28 acres. The eating poisonous scorpions.

Mouse by a country mile. He's fantastic. He's what this contest is about. Can people who want to do a "what is the biggest and strongest" competition set up a separate one, it's getting really boring having to constantly explain that the WHC is about POUND FOR POUND hardness?

Fortunately it seems that more and more people are buying into the fun and personality of the WHC, and we're getting far, far more interesting entrants in the last few years. Long may it continue.

Bollocks to that. I've eaten poisonous scorpions and I'm not particularly hard. It only does it because its immune to the bite, thats evolution, not hardness. Might as well have a ****ing Nemo fish in the competition. Territories of 28 acres? defended against what? Oh, other mice. So he's hard but they're not for failing to take it over? ballbags to that. Cannibalism? For every grasshopper mouse thats a cannibal, there's one who is another mouse's dinner.

So basically you have an animal that gets itself killed and eaten by mice. Want that in the semi-finals of the WHC? Meanwhile we have one of the planet's greatest ever killing machines, and she's never made the final. Shame on all of you!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Bollocks to that. I've eaten poisonous scorpions and I'm not particularly hard. It only does it because its immune to the bite, thats evolution, not hardness. Might as well have a ****ing Nemo fish in the competition. Territories of 28 acres? defended against what? Oh, other mice. So he's hard but they're not for failing to take it over? ballbags to that. Cannibalism? For every grasshopper mouse thats a cannibal, there's one who is another mouse's dinner.

So basically you have an animal that gets itself killed and eaten by mice. Want that in the semi-finals of the WHC? Meanwhile we have one of the planet's greatest ever killing machines, and she's never made the final. Shame on all of you!
Every animal in this competition has its traits and armoury because of evolution, that's a null argument.

And the shark may be a killing machine, but it only kills things that are smaller than it and easy prey. How is that hard? If that's hard then we might as well start the resurgence of the tabby cat* or get behind a fox. They kill loads of stuff smaller than it. But that's not hard, that's easy.

*I'm not serious, the tabby cat should never be seen in this competition ever again.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Every animal in this competition has its traits and armoury because of evolution, that's a null argument.

And the shark may be a killing machine, but it only kills things that are smaller than it and easy prey. How is that hard? If that's hard then we might as well start the resurgence of the tabby cat* or get behind a fox. They kill loads of stuff smaller than it. But that's not hard, that's easy.

*I'm not serious, the tabby cat should never be seen in this competition ever again.

Great Whites hunt Elephant seals, Beaked whales, Pygmy sperm whales and American crocodiles, all bigger or as big as it. They also cannabilise smaller sharks. They attack boats much bigger than them. They are hard. The mouse is not.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Great Whites hunt Elephant seals, Beaked whales, Pygmy sperm whales and American crocodiles, all bigger or as big as it. They also cannabilise smaller sharks. They attack boats much bigger than them. They are hard. The mouse is not.
Ohhh, boats? Big, scary, threatening. inanimate boats? Well that changes everything. Go GWS.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
1 hour left for any stragglers who haven't voted. It looks like the Grasshopper mouse has done enough to secure his first ever semi final. Unless...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here