Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your top top 3 course meal?

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Bit harsh that as its not banned and its a personal choice.
However I agree with you on principal, I refuse to touch the stuff or Veal ( even that new so called friendly veal)

I'm vegetarian (and have been all my life) so don't eat any of it but I don't think veal (the rose type) in this country is any different to any other type of meat. I believe when dairy cows give birth the females are kept to be used as dairy cows themselves and the males are usually slaughtered within 48 hours and then their bodies are disposed of. Rose veal offers an alternative solution, these male calves can be raised for meat as per the conditions of traditional cows bred for beef ie without crates, never seeing daylight etc. It's still not ideal as they are taken away from their mothers very young but their life wouldn't have been a needless waste. It's not much different to eating lamb or pig.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Interesting, but just dont like the idea of Veal. When there is so much else to choose from I dont feel the need to order it.
I would like to know what your favourite veggie starter and main course is, because as a carnivour I am a bit ignorant about it.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm vegetarian (and have been all my life) so don't eat any of it but I don't think veal (the rose type) in this country is any different to any other type of meat. I believe when dairy cows give birth the females are kept to be used as dairy cows themselves and the males are usually slaughtered within 48 hours and then their bodies are disposed of. Rose veal offers an alternative solution, these male calves can be raised for meat as per the conditions of traditional cows bred for beef ie without crates, never seeing daylight etc. It's still not ideal as they are taken away from their mothers very young but their life wouldn't have been a needless waste. It's not much different to eating lamb or pig.
Is the correct answer.
Fewer beef cattle would be needed if rose veal was more popular, as well as reduced senseless slaughter of young bull calves, so it's a win all round. Negative opinions of veal are a hangover from the (rightful) campaigns against the European milk veal industry in the 80s.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I'm going to eat human meat, meat is meat right. Going to go out and find myself a youngster then cut em up. Give the bones to my dog and will put the head through the mincer for my cats. Shall serve the buttocks as ribeye to family and friends.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
3 course meal? Ah yes I remember! That particular avenue of pleasure has been closed for some time! (In fact ever since my doctor told me I had high blood pressure and should lose 10-15 kilos.) so far down by 11 :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Freshen the palate with a gin Martini (with olives)

Scallops fried quickly with olive oil and smoked garlic.

Open a bottle of Chateau David, or any Paul Mas, for liberal glugging. Slip my hands inside my missus' clothing during the cooking, while she sucks my face off and unzips me.

Conversation. Pop my cock back in my trousers without drawing too much attention to this. Now is not really the time, but the foreplay was appreciated, as always.

Monkfish, baked, served on a bed of oven cooked tomato, beetroot, and celerey, seasoned with black peppers, cardamom seeds and more garlic.
Side dish of briefly steamed samphire, and slow fried red onion. Wild rice, slow cooked in filtered water (tap water is too chalky dahn sarf, innit?) (but not too much).

Cheese (french, runny, two or three of numerous possibilities) with plum chutney (home-made, with a little red chilli as part of the recipe).

Chocolates (for the missus).

If I were on my own I'd have a little roll-up (licorice paper, Drum tobacco). As I'm not, I won't.

Brandies, conversation

Followed by 3 hours of dirty sex, iPOD on shuffle (risky, despite the preponderance of chilled loveliness on mine, as the occasional blast of Velvet Acid Christ or Hertzschlag can startle) feeding the Sony soundbox.

Beats eating out, any day.

(Food largely from the garden or local unblemished sources. All cooked in my kitchen, by me, and to perfection despite the obvious distractions).

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
My goodness.I had no idea we had so many pretentious supporters. FFS

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I find it hard enough choosing from a pub menu let alone this Fantasy Food Hall...

Lobster & King Prawn salad
Lamb, gravy, redcurrant sauce, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, broccoli spears, carrots, peas, cauliflower cheese
Chocolate fondant pudding, vanilla ice cream and raspberry coulis

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What a load of poppycock.....food is for wimps.........Starter...Vodka and tonic.....sets the palate up.
Main course................Vodka and Red Bull...and two salted peanuts.
Dessert......................Straight hard Russian vodka.

Night cap....Remy Martin..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here