Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats your ideal breakfast

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Tea. English Breakfast ideally. Happy for a black coffee though.
Orange Juice
scrambled egg & smoked salmon on half a toasted multiseed bagel
fruit salad and yoghurt.

Recently started on SSRIs so i want a quality breakfast before the nausea kicks in.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
If Hungover:

Double Sausage and Bacon (No Egg) McMuffin Meal
Extra Hash brown
Bottle of Tropicana Orange Juice
2 Paracetamol

:thumbsup:

When I was in Laos I spotted a few bars that did a "hangover breakfast" consisting of a eggs, garlic bread, chips, fruit, a glass of coke, paracetamol and valium. Pretty popular with the backpackers, especially if you had a long bus journey that day!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
2 mugs of tea
2 slices bread and butter
tinned tomatoes (not too much juice)
beans
mushrooms
2 fried eggs
2 sausages
3 bacon
Lashings and lashings of bubble and squeak
topped with salt , pepper
brown sauce on my mushrooms and bacon and sausages
red sauce on my eggs and bubble

Marvellous scenes !

Not really sure you have ever been in a Caff/Greasy spoons, you can never refer to Bubble & Squeak in its entirety, you have to say it in a gruff pseudo cockerny way, BUBBALL always at the end of the order, 'wiv BUBBALL' or 'and BUBBALL, otherwise they will short change you or skimp on the beans.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
When I was in Laos I spotted a few bars that did a "hangover breakfast" consisting of a eggs, garlic bread, chips, fruit, a glass of coke, paracetamol and valium. Pretty popular with the backpackers, especially if you had a long bus journey that day!
Sounds ideal for the breakfast shift staff too! This coming from someone who regularly works breakfast shifts.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Fried Patra on toast with ketchup.

41Zap2O4-vL.jpg

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A fantastic option. I'd like the eggs shown a little softer and I'm going to need Worcestershire sauce and some chilli.

Those are bantam eggs from our garden hens... quite small, so rather tricky to set the whites and leave very soft yolks... delicious with just salt and pepper for me!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Those are bantam eggs from our garden hens... quite small, so rather tricky to set the whites and leave very soft yolks... delicious with just salt and pepper for me!

Well that is excellent provenance you have there sir. Springs smoked haddock?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Are Springs the people at Edburton? Would love to use them... will try and remember that for next time. :thumbsup:

That's them. Well worth an occasional country drive for a full perusal of their wares. They do deliver too.

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
For me it's
2 sausages
2 bacon
Beans
3 hash browns
Mushrooms
Grilled tom
Fried slice
2 toast (White)
Sometimes chips if in the mood
And a mug of tea!! ;)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bantam eggs make good Scotch eggs. Good yolk to white ratio.

:)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Last nights left over curry.

Breakfast of champions - had that more times than I care to remember

If no curry is available, I'll have what I'm having this weekend:

Grilled portobello mushrooms, poached eggs on home-made muffins with florentine sauce ... and lots of strong tea

Mrs G and the kids are away this Sunday so I can enjoy that on my own, with Sunday paper. Bliss

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here