2 soft poached eggs on 1 piece of white toast
quartered chestnut mushrooms fried in butter and pepper
2 rashers of quality, lightly smoked back bacon
1 very herby pork sausage
6 cherry tomatoes on the vine, roasted with a little olive oil and salt

1 large glass freshly squeezed grapefruit juice

1 large Latte

Picky - me?

Having a herby sausage before Noon is plain wrong, having one on a Breakfast plate is, or at least should, be a flogging offence.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Uttapam and rasam or the organic chicken livers fried with tomatoes that I had yesterday morning.

From today pre Brighton marathon breakfasts kick in. Porridge made with soya milk, coconut fat and raisins.

Post marathon will be 4 sausages, 6 rashers of bacon, 2 poached eggs, mushrooms and potato slices baked in coconut fat.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Chips? Hash Browns?

Potatoes have no place in a proper fried breakfast, there is enough starch already.

Two Coughtreys* Back Bacon rashers
Two Coughtreys Pork Breakfast Sausage
Two slices of Bury Black Pudding
Two runny fried eggs
Heinz beans
Fried fresh mushrooms
Fried tomatoes

HP Sauce as required

Unlimited toast & Breakfast Tea

* just voted Butcher of the Year for the 2015 Sussex Food and Drink Awards

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Large whole tinned plum tomatoes on crispy fried bread
Just discussing this off line.

What sort of IDIOT advocates plum tomatoes in a full English? Dreadful mistake (unless you like your fried bread and hash browns cold and soggy after swimming in watery juice).

A truly TERRIBLE suggestion. :nono:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
if I had it my way, it would involve two fried eggs, a fried tomato, a polystyrene cup of steaming beans, a warm fresh brown and slightly seedy loaf that's crust provokes an explosion of flower when toppled and landing on the chopping board, a sizzled (Nicky) rosti slab, and a massage cup of coffee. By my side is an Independent on Saturday with an only just begun prize Sudoku and in my coat pocket is a packet of nice'n'spicy Nik Naks which I tell myself will be a treat for the afternoon, knowing full well that as soon as I waddle home, i'll be opening those dusty beauties. The server of my breakfast would be the glamourous and giant-headed Letitia Dean, giving me a series of suspicious glances when starting to believe I was scheming mid-bite.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
One Large Pot of English Breakfast Tea
One Pint Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice

9 rashers of crispy smoked back bacon - dry cured and free range
3 rounds of fried bread - sourdough fried in bacon fat from bacon above
3 large thick slices of black pudding
3 poached eggs

& a blowjob

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

What sort of IDIOT advocates plum tomatoes in a full English? Dreadful mistake (unless you like your fried bread and hash browns cold and soggy after swimming in watery juice).

I know, but I just can't help it.

They do have to be whole when they're put onto the fried bread, to make sure that the bread remains crispy. Then, of course, they, plus the fried bread, have to be eaten first to avoid leakage. But there is just something sensuous and pleasing about pushing your knife into the tomato and seeing it squirt its juices out over the bread. You then stuff the delectable mixture into your mouth as quickly as possible so that some semblance of crispiness remains.

Perfect. Do try it, just the once.

The homo erotic element is entirely optional. Obviously.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
1 good sausage
2 rasher dry cure bacon
2 fried eggs
2 pieces black pudding
White pudding
serving of beans
mushrooms in butter and garlic
2 slices thick white toast
Strong english mustard.

Glass of freshly squeezed orange juice
Cafetiere of good filter coffee.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Chips? Hash Browns?

Potatoes have no place in a proper fried breakfast, there is enough starch already.

It's not a question of having a balanced meal, it's what you like for breakfast and I like chips with my Full English. Can't be doing with hash browns though. And as for the plum tomatoes juice - that's what a slice or two of your toast is for: to mop up any bean sauce, excess HP sauce or the runny bits of the tomato and egg.

I'm bloody hungry now.

You missed the bit with Herby sausages too Simster.

Outrageous.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I went into the Breakout Cafe opposite Pentonville Prison with my mate one morning which is always packed and as with most cafes they do a selection of set menus and allow a maybe the odd swap like Tomatoes instead of beans etc. Well this made me laugh and it still brings a tear to my eye,

My mate asked for set breakfast menu 2, but instead of hash browns could he have bubble and squeak ? Ok no worries and instead of Tomatoes could he have Beans ? The bloke crosses off and writes on his note pad, he just nods, Oh and can I swap my bacon for an extra sausages ? The bloke looks up sharpish and screws up the piece of paper he was writing the order out on and screams at my mate............ "Its not a feckin number 2 then is it !!!"

Lucky the whole cafe overheard most of it and were in fits of laughter, and the guy did what he asked for.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
2 slices of Real Pattiserie multi cereal toast
2 fried or poached eggs (depending on mood) on top said toast
2 rashers thick cut dry cured smoked back bacon
2 Brighton Sausage Company old English sausages (the girlfriend prefers the smoked bacon and maple syrup ones, which are also excellent)
black pudding
loads and loads of chestnut mushrooms ideally just chopped in half so they are still nice and chunky
two hash browns

OJ
An entire pot of Yorkshire Gold tea

If beans are in anyway involved they must be kept away from everything else. It is rubbish when everything just tastes of beans.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
1) Natural yoghurt on tinned pears
2) One croissant
3) Full English:

Two bangers
Two slices of bacon
Limitless hash browns
Button mushrooms
Half of a big beef tomato, slowly grilled
Two eggs (poached, although scrambled is acceptable)
Optional fried bread (MUST play this card after a hang over)
A cafatiere of coffee (tea is an acceptable alternative)

That’s THE bang tidy breakfast right there, and renders an evening meal unnecessary.

I prefer my natural yogurt off an untinned pear

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I went into the Breakout Cafe opposite Pentonville Prison with my mate one morning which is always packed and as with most cafes they do a selection of set menus and allow a maybe the odd swap like Tomatoes instead of beans etc. Well this made me laugh and it still brings a tear to my eye,

My mate asked for set breakfast menu 2, but instead of hash browns could he have bubble and squeak ? Ok no worries and instead of Tomatoes could he have Beans ? The bloke crosses off and writes on his note pad, he just nods, Oh and can I swap my bacon for an extra sausages ? The bloke looks up sharpish and screws up the piece of paper he was writing the order out on and screams at my mate............ "Its not a feckin number 2 then is it !!!"

Lucky the whole cafe overheard most of it and were in fits of laughter, and the guy did what he asked for.

A cafe off Western Road Hove decade back refused to serve anyone that ignored the board, showing the exact 5 set breakfasts the owner was prepared to cook 'no swaps allowed', & still asked for a change

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Porridge with sliced banana, boiled egg and toast. Two cups of coffee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports