Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your favourite Monty Python sketch?

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
As funny as the Four Yorkshiremen sketch is , it's not a Python sketch.I really wish it was .It was my favourite to recite in the school playground .
I love Python and everything mentioned so far are brilliant .
favourites are The Spanish Inquisition , Spam Spam and how to defend yourself against a man attacking you with a Bananna
This one below always left a lasting memory as a child , because of all the gore .

Last edited:

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
The Four Yorkshiremen was from 'At Last the 1948 Show ' by the way, although Chapman and Cleese appear in it and co wrote it with Marty Feldman and Tim Brooke Taylor.
I first heard it on Live At Drury lane LP and also naturally assumed it was a Python sketch for many years .
Still a bloody classic.

Good to see Mr Smoketoomuch again.

But that sketch has been doctored. When it went out on TV, at the end of the bit where Mr Smoketoomuch is banging on about bolour supplement, sboolboy, bat etc Michael Palin says if he can't pronounce the letter b he should spell words with the letter k instead - such as Kings Bolledge Bambridge (Oxford in this version).

Mr Smoketoomuch say's he'd never thought of that and then utters the classic line that is now lost forever:

What a silly bunt!

Anyone else remember that or did I dream it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good to see Mr Smoketoomuch again.

But that sketch has been doctored. When it went out on TV, at the end of the bit where Mr Smoketoomuch is banging on about bolour supplement, sboolboy, bat etc Michael Palin says if he can't pronounce the letter b he should spell words with the letter k instead - such as Kings Bolledge Bambridge (Oxford in this version).

Mr Smoketoomuch say's he'd never thought of that and then utters the classic line that is now lost forever:

What a silly bunt!

Anyone else remember that or did I dream it?

I noticed it, as that is the best line in the whole sketch. I still use it and get some strange looks :smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's the Arts

Arthur two sheds Jackson :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here