Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your favourite house track from the early 1990's??

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
One of my favourites was the little known Outside the Window by Minimal Man, the alter ego of the better known Baby Ford. Also, Statue of Gold by New Decade.

Of the more commercial ones, Don't you want my love? by Felix was enjoyable.

Above all that was probably the era of the best and most prolific house remixing. Beloved were the kings for me of remixes. I think The Sun Rising had some 20 odd different mixes and their best was the Calyx of Isis mix of Your Love Takes me Higher. Can't remember an era where tracks were taken and reworked so radically. Sabres of Paradise, Justin Robertson, Danny Rampling, Bill Coleman etc

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
One of my favourites was the little known Outside the Window by Minimal Man, the alter ego of the better known Baby Ford. Also, Statue of Gold by New Decade.

Of the more commercial ones, Don't you want my love? by Felix was enjoyable.

Above all that was probably the era of the best and most prolific house remixing. Beloved were the kings for me of remixes. I think The Sun Rising had some 20 odd different mixes and their best was the Calyx of Isis mix of Your Love Takes me Higher. Can't remember an era where tracks were taken and reworked so radically. Sabres of Paradise, Justin Robertson, Danny Rampling, Bill Coleman etc

I've just posted Calx of Isis mix on the Best Video thread. It still makes my Mrs horny after all these years.

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
Sweet Harmony, Liquid
Everybody, PFI projects
Playing with knives, Bizarre inc
40 Miles, Congress
DJ's take control
Don't deal with us, JT Company (best piano break in any song ever written I think you'll find)

Every song recorded since then has been basically shit.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
This classic from Brothers in Rhythm is evocative of their classic sound which was BANG ON for so many years.

[yt]5uzx1zromuQ[/yt]

Dave Seaman still DJs a lot today although is a lot more trancey/progressive these days. But what happened to his partner Steve Anderson?

These guys produced SO MANY records and remixes in the 90s, they practically OWN the decade

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
New Order's Regret Fire Island and Junior Dub Mixes, always used to play them before going out on a Saturday night, real slow burners which to me was the joy of house...
I've never really been sure what is and isn't house but I used to listen to these two tracks all the time so these - unless Andy Weatherall's remix of 'Come Home' counts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here