[Albion] What’s your dream group?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
France
Sweden
Netherlands

I'd be coming over from Montréal, so I could only afford to attend one game if I were ever lucky enough to land an away ticket. France would be ideal, because it's my second home and I know how to stretch my dollar there. I might even bring along a kid or two! But I certainly would consider Amsterdam, as well -- I haven't been in 25 years. Sweden would be a first; always wanted to visit.

What pubs is everyone Meeting in for the Swedish game ?

Last edited:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Mitch Mitchell on drums, Hendrix on guitar, Kurt Cobain on vocals and guitar, John Paul Jones or Mike Watt on bass, Joanna Newsom providing vocals, harp and piano, and John Darnielle and David Berman involved in the songwriting and playing whatever the hell they felt like.

It’s possible that I have only read the thread headline.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Can anyone list the teams that are in or likely to be in the Europa main league - like us 🤣🙏👍🙌💙🤍🍕🤍💙💙🤍🤍🤍
Have had a look at the current league tables across Europe, and currently the likes of AC Milan, Ajax, Monaco, Villarreal and Slavia Prague will be in the Europa League next season - and potentially Larnaca in Cyprus, which would definitely involve a long weekend in Ayia Napa ! :lolol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Club Brugges- Nice quick train from Euston. Beer. Beer. Beer.

Somewhere cheap and sunny. Cyprus, Portugal or Croatia. Nice couple of days on the piss with the Albion.

One big team with a famous ground. AC Milan wouldn’t be bad would it.
About right for me too, although not Brugge. Boring chocolate box city.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’d like an excuse to go back to Budapest.

Other than that, some drivable games would be good (Belgium, Netherlands, northern France or Northern Germany).

Or as others have said, a proper old school European club (preferably one that doesn’t have a bunch of numpty ultras to contend with).

Edit:
Having just looked at the list of possible opponents, I’d love us to draw LASK. Lovely city on the Danube and I haven’t been there since the “German” exchange at secondary school back in the 70s.

Last edited:

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Whilst a Dutch game would be class, away ends here are not big so the binfest would be huge.

I'd love Milan and 2 Eastern European games. Cheap beer, more chances of tickets and places I'd never normally travel to.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
First little one due mid October so anyone a days driving distance back and forth from Copenhagen. Any Danish team would be handy along with either Malmo or Gothenburg if they’re in it. An Oslo or Helsinki based team also ‘sellable’ as multiple flights. Not much of a glam group though

Jul 7, 2003
Somewhere not served by easyJet or Ryanair that stops too many of our idiots going out there and embarrassing us on our first ever European adventure when they can't handle foreign beers.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Freddie Mercury - front man
John Bonham - drums
John Entwistle - bass
Jimi Hendrix - lead guitar
Keith Richards - rhythm guitar
Sister Rosetta Tharpe - acoustic guitar

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Slavia Prague as it's less than 2 hours away from where I live.
SC Freiburg. Nice city plus again, 5 hours or so travel for me.
One of the Belgian teams maybe. As above. Yes, I want it all on a plate. ;0

The likes of anywhere in France, Italy, Holland (Feyenoord in particular) + Eintract Frankfurt and any Serbian & Polish teams, no thanks. A visit to those places with their less than welcoming fans and police, pass.

Same the above at home. Brutal truth; the happy clappy new wave are in for a massive culture shock if 'some' of the above come a calling in Brighton.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I gather away fans get a 5% allocation. Might be wrong on this but, if true, that'll be a tiny number in small stadia.
It is 5%. Union Berlin invested in a retractable dividing fence last season in order to shrink the away block for Europa League Games. Also worked well for a few BL games where fans had small away followings so more availability for home fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here