Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats Your Biggest Mistake?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I don't think i have any regrets, i wouldnt be where i am now if i didnt make the many mistakes that ive made in the past.

But maybe if there was one, it'd be being treated like a doormat by an ex, which ended in a very broken heart!!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I still wish I'd joined the Marines!! My mum and dad (both ex-navy) were really keen for me to join the Royal Marines, but being a dumb kid I didn't listen and ended up doing a series of jobs I hated, till I joined the Fire Service.

The closest I'm ever gonna get to being a RM now is in October when I'm spending a weekend at the Commando training centre in Lypmstone, with my watch from Essex Fire and Rescue.

Dave, are we gonna be beasted to within an inch of our lives?!? I spoke to a mate who did it last year and he said by the end of the first day, you feel like going up to the nearest Marine, borrowing his gun and shooting yourself....:ohmy:

You wouldn't last five minutes in the army

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I've had a good day Spencer. You won't manage to wind me up tonight :thumbsup:

Congrats on the HGV C2

Thanks chap.I must of succeeded in the past then for you to post that? Might as well find another victim now:(

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Splitting up with my last girlfriend - I had a problem with her living 30 miles away, but I'm regretting it now, she was gorgeous.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Getting 4 winners on a lucky 31 a couple of weeks ago and changing my mind about the 5th horse to back.

Regrets are for old peoples homes thats the time to look back.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I still wish I'd joined the Marines!! My mum and dad (both ex-navy) were really keen for me to join the Royal Marines, but being a dumb kid I didn't listen and ended up doing a series of jobs I hated, till I joined the Fire Service.

The closest I'm ever gonna get to being a RM now is in October when I'm spending a weekend at the Commando training centre in Lypmstone, with my watch from Essex Fire and Rescue.

Dave, are we gonna be beasted to within an inch of our lives?!? I spoke to a mate who did it last year and he said by the end of the first day, you feel like going up to the nearest Marine, borrowing his gun and shooting yourself....:ohmy:
nah, you'll be ok bry, its when you have to do 26 weeks it hurts ;)

having said that...............................

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've made hundreds of bad decisions but as Laura says, I wouldn't be where I am now if I hadn't.

The only mistake I still, still regret is choosing to watch telly when I was little on the day my Grandad died instead of being with him one last time. That decision will haunt me until the day that I die.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Developing an early liking for alcohol - it cost me the best part of fourteen years of my life

ignoring friends in search of sexual gratification - it cost me contact with people I have learned would have been good for me. Mind you the sex was good :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't think i have any regrets, i wouldnt be where i am now if i didnt make the many mistakes that ive made in the past.

I agree. I've made mistakes like my first marriage but would probably do it all again because my two kids from that marriage are fantastic, so no regrets.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Regret breaking up with a bird from a couple of years back. She was a mentalist but had the greatest rack I've ever encountered. Should have just bitten the bullet and enjoyed the best pair of BOOBS in Shizuoka while enduring her selfish, moody ways.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Getting 4 winners on a lucky 31 a couple of weeks ago and changing my mind about the 5th horse to back.

Regrets are for old peoples homes thats the time to look back.

Well said I've made a couple of blinders but I've learned from it and am in fact much happier now for the benefit of the experience.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Spending 24 years collecting Eastern European postage stamps.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
turning down West Ham in '87 as an apprentice to stay with the Albion :(

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
i wouldnt be where i am now if i didnt make the many mistakes that ive made in the past.

True

Biggest mistake was giving in to the bird in the office who was desperate to shag me. It almost cost me EVERYTHING.

If it wasn't for that though, we probably wouldn't have had the two more children we have had since.

Every cloud......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here