Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats Your Biggest Mistake?

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
Getting horribly pissed at Cheltenham away. Having a row with a copper, getting arrested then banned from all football for 3 years.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Being asked an awkward question by the Inland Revenue.Once I had given my answer, they gave me the chance to "think again"....but I chose to take a chance and stick with my story. Huge mistake...!
In the end picked up back tax, penalties, fines, interest etc etc........total cost...over £90,000. Had to live like a pauper for the next few years.

On the other hand, Mrs CJD, who I have tolerated for the last 20 years, has never made a mistake , or in fact been wrong in any of our arguments........EVER...! Bloody amazing.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Not bothering to read all replies before posting..............oh! and leaving Australia without taking out dual citizenship.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Probably not bothering with going to Uniiversity as I am certain I would have got to where I am now a lot earlier - mind you might have been bored for longer

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have a legion of erroneous ways i could recite to you all and bore into an afternoon nap that only an unpoisoned prick might wake you from. But when i look at them, none have ended in the death of one, the throttling of another, the demolition of an old people's home, the burning of a child's football kit the morning before kick-off, a society crucifying me for the shaving of one dog too many, my palms pinned to balsa with the incisors of one sabretoothed bulldog now all hairless and unnationalistic, or a government council sending me a letter to announce me too foul to reproduce, my face and gizzards uncopyable thereby calling me in for the snip.
I think it would just have to be moments of embarassment or times in which i have let someone down, not being quite enough or walking my own path instead of keeping an eye on theirs and letting them fall to ruin or splinter their delicate, shoeless walk in the thorny wilderness.
I look back and see a former girlfriend saying that during her clinical depression she wanted to end her life, partly because of me. Although i know she tells me that to highlight the illness and dialy dismay she had, it's a difficult thing to simply ignore or butter over. One of those things i wish is that i could turn back time, in an unCher way, and make things ok for her, be that little bit better and more supportive.
I'd also go back and not have a relationship with a woman for 3 months that had her smashing phones and freaking out at my tomfoolery. I was only being silly, but it seemed to have a vaster effect than i wished.
I also wouldn't have a thing with my best friend's ex a number of years ago.
Oh, and not get drunk and cycle myself to a fortnight of death which made my family unhappy and stressed for too long.

Not buying the house I lived in, overlooking the Pacific Ocean on the California coast.
I had a lease with option to buy (you can apply the rent alreasy paid, to the down!) and the price was pegged at the amount at when I moved in ($290,000).
That was 20 years ago, but it is worth $1.4 mil now, and the flat-mates would have basically paid most of the mortgage with their rent. :down:

My only excuse, is that I didn't have my green card at that time (which actually doesn't stop anyone from buying property, so it's a poor excuse)

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
always wish i'd joined the fire and rescue service when i left the marines

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
a few pounds, mr bates. fill in the blanks. it cost me more than i care to mention on here.

also working my bollocks off when i should have been at home with my family. never regretted it more than now when ana should be getting ready for her first day at big school and all i have are a few memories and the knowledge that i didn't make the most of when i had the chance.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I really should have nailed Amy Harris when I had the chance. She was f***ing lovely, and gagging for it.

But apart from that, I did the wrong university course. It was shite and I was demotivated.

Any relation to John Harris:ohmy:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
TO many to list.For a start i wish i'd pass my car/hgv a long time ago.Wore glasses,kept at football

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Of course not Spencer. As you know, his sisters were mingers and probably still are. Well Debbie was alright I suppose.

Amy Harris was a bird I met in Southampton when I was 21. :love: :drool:

I went back to Manor Gdns about a year ago to have a look.Feels so strange and different

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
always wish i'd joined the fire and rescue service when i left the marines

I still wish I'd joined the Marines!! My mum and dad (both ex-navy) were really keen for me to join the Royal Marines, but being a dumb kid I didn't listen and ended up doing a series of jobs I hated, till I joined the Fire Service.

The closest I'm ever gonna get to being a RM now is in October when I'm spending a weekend at the Commando training centre in Lypmstone, with my watch from Essex Fire and Rescue.

Dave, are we gonna be beasted to within an inch of our lives?!? I spoke to a mate who did it last year and he said by the end of the first day, you feel like going up to the nearest Marine, borrowing his gun and shooting yourself....:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here