Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's your biggest concern right now?

What's your biggest concern right now?

• Potter's tactics

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Defensive fragility

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • Weak midfield

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Not enough creativity

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Firepower up front

Votes: 176 74.9%
  • All of it - we're ****ed

Votes: 23 9.8%

• Total voters

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
What's your biggest concern right now ?? ten past eight monday evening.

When`s my supper gonna be ready.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Waiting for Aaron to unleash the flood of goals on a shell-shocked Prem!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what ever the reasons, the lack of points on the board. not wetting the bed yet but thinking i might need to start looking at incontinence sheets.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That someone in a Jaguar came within inches of killing me on the M62 this morning.

Six car pile up, car potential write-off, and I was sitting in a traffic jam when he hit me.

Football suddenly seems very trivial.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Fans reaction. The balance between results to stay up like last season and attractive football. To be entertained or to stay up. Whats more important, i reckon the camp is split. Achieving both will be tough. Will tony let potter risk it, or tell him to gring results a la chris

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No surprise it's the firepower.

Chelsea and Man City away were par for the course. There's nothing to suggest we'd get a better result at either team with any manager in the world given the current squad, But not putting Newcastle away was criminal and we've not scored anywhere near enough goals at home compared with chances created. We're a bit of a halfway house up front and seem to be paying the price for poor previous windows. Andone clearly not committed enough or enough of a team player and Locadia just not good enough but it's a big ask for Maupay and Connelly to just drop in and take over with more effect.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I got bit by a spider in the night, my arm swelled up loads. So currently the worry is that it will happen again.

And our firepower up front.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
That nobody apart from Duffy and Dunk can head the ball in the general direction their actually aiming for.

Shocking amount of ball shy players when it comes to challenging for Ariel balls and set pieces.

All be it into row z for Duffy, strange that the partnership has been split up seeing as how it was raved about in previous seasons.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Football Weekly chaps are concerned by the lack of goals.

Although did express a lot of goodwill towards Potter, hoping he succeeds because the club took a chance on him instead of a dinosaur or foreigner.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Injuries to the squad, and not being able to manage the expectations of the players who we had to let go on loan.
The tactics look great, IF you have the players with the ability and experience to " play out from the back" , and score from the few chances that we create.

Get 'em all fit and we will improve.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Talk of signing a striker in January ignores the fact that we have not been willing to pay the wages required on a top striker in any of the transfer windows since we got promoted. The transfer fee doesn’t seem to be the problem but I guess the wages are. For that reason I do not see us signing a proven Premier League quality striker regardless of how deep in the shit we are in January.

The club will not break the wage structure and will take relegation rather than do it....imo

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Talk of signing a striker in January ignores the fact that we have not been willing to pay the wages required on a top striker in any of the transfer windows since we got promoted. The transfer fee doesn’t seem to be the problem but I guess the wages are. For that reason I do not see us signing a proven Premier League quality striker regardless of how deep in the shit we are in January.

The club will not break the wage structure and will take relegation rather than do it....imo

It's supposition to think that the club won't pay the wages. Players commanding higher wages are more likely to go to bigger/better clubs. I think we're fighting for the scraps or trying to uncover 'hidden' gems. Not sure paying more would get us much better

Edit: On reflection think we could pay more and get players being cast off and looking for one last payday ... players like Giroud and Llorente spring to mind, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay mega wages in the hope that they're up for one last hurrah. If that's the club view then I'm all for that

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's supposition to think that the club won't pay the wages. Players commanding higher wages are more likely to go to bigger/better clubs. I think we're fighting for the scraps or trying to uncover 'hidden' gems. Not sure paying more would get us much better

Edit: On reflection think we could pay more and get players being cast off and looking for one last payday ... players like Giroud and Llorente spring to mind, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay mega wages in the hope that they're up for one last hurrah. If that's the club view then I'm all for that

I may have imagined it but I seem to recall reading somewhere that we will not break the wage structure for players. I have no problem with that just my guess as to why we cannot entice top drawer stikers, although being minions won’t help I accept.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
For me I needed to blend two weaknesses, I went for midfield but in terms of we don't produce goals from there, it seems the Gross & Propper are both scared to shoot or when they do it's ineffective. We can play and hold the ball in midfield but we don't penetrate the defence, run a them or get any noteworthy shots in.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I may have imagined it but I seem to recall reading somewhere that we will not break the wage structure for players. I have no problem with that just my guess as to why we cannot entice top drawer stikers, although being minions won’t help I accept.

Perhaps you did read it and I missed it but then who would you go for? No club outside the top 8 have 'proven' PL strikers except one's they've developed themselves or bought from lower league/overseas fringe clubs/leagues.

The rest of us have to take punts (Maupay, McBurnie, Wood, Joelinton) and hope they turn into something special (Callum Wilson). If they do then you either have to pay top wages or you are 'forced' to sell

The alternative is (proven) 'has beens' such as Giroud and Llorente or (proven) crocks such as Ings and Carroll

I think we're fishing in a different pond to the £100K a week payers as much because we have to but also because we want to I guess

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here