Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your best memory of the Goldstone?

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Mine is an overhead kick by Alan Duffy that rattled the crossbar in front of the South Stand around 1973.:laugh:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
100s to choose from but the 1 that sticks in my memory the most was Jimmy case bursting through and smashing in the goal that beat Norwich 1-0 in the 83 fa cup run .

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Too many to choose from.... Mark Lawrenson's goal in the FA Cup v Wolves in 79, Gerry Ryan's goal against Man City, Stuart Storer as well of course....

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Just so many to choose from, all the games against Millwall, they were brilliant home games back in the very early 70s, the North Stand holds many great memorys for me, not all of them football related moments :love:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Gary Williams goal against Notts F

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I don't really have a BEST memory of the Goldstone, because all my best memories of that place happened week after week. I think standout moments for me were Gerry Ryan and Terry Connor's 2 goals in 2 minutes against Liverpool in the FA Cup in '84. That was on my 3rd visit to the Goldstone. Obviously my first visit against Portsmouth in '83, when they gave the North Stand to the scum for some reason, I remember they looked like caged animals fenced in there and I spent half my time dodging the coins and bottles being thrown in our direction over on the East Terrace.

The Southampton and Arsenal FA Cup games in '85 and '87 (I think), the atmosphere, 25,000+ crowds, packed in like sardines, it sounds like hell to anyone who doesn't 'understand', but I'd give anything to be able to turn back the clock and experience all that again.

And above all that, the crowd surges in the North Stand whenever we scored, or nearly scored. Jumping up in the air and your feet not touching the ground again until you'd traveled from half way up the terrace, all the way down to the front ...... magic!!

Even with our nice new stadium, and capacity restrictions and all that, I understand that safety is the priority, but we'll never experience anything like that again, and many of the younger fans here can only imagine what it was like. Happy memories......

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
The Norwich FA Cup QF was fantastic
2 0 game v Liverpool in the Cup in 84
The 3 3 game against Bournemouth
Arguing with Warren Aspinall by the tunnel after he was sent off for Portsmouth
All the times we beat Palace (and never lost a league game during my time watching 1972 - end - starting with the last result which was the best of the bunch 3-1, 2-0, 2-0, 1-0, 3-1, 3-2, 3-0, 0-0, 1-1, 2-0, 1-0)
And finally, seeing Horsham beat Hastings United 2 1 in the Sussex Senior Cup final in 1976. We drove back to Horsham with a couple of the players after the game (incl Norman Gall as I remember) and the rather impressive (to a 11 year old) trophy!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
game against derby remember charlie george scoring think we lost but a great game and atmo
League Cup against Derby? Ward scored after about a minute but George equalised and then we lost the replay.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Definitely mine out of the so, so many... that was something to savour.
Probably one of the best games I've seen. We lost 3-2 but didn't care that much, because the game had been so superby entertaining - and Lawrenson's goal was arguably one of the best ever scored by a Brighton player (he ran with the ball from one penalty area to the next). We bombarded Wolves at the end but just couldn't score.

Last edited:

tyler_clarke

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
My best memory is when i go to with my Lover on Date. This is golden moment in my life.

EDIT..... I have removed your signature as NSC does not allow spam to be advertised, if you put it back on i will remove it again.........and you.

Having just checked out your last 11, in fact only 11 post's since you joined on Xmas day, they are all of the above nature, then having checked out your details it is very evident you are from Uncle sams country, methinks you are a purveyor of spam!!

Last edited by a moderator:

moseley in goal for derby that night??? rev,melvin and the birdman stalking the mose:smokin:

Attachments

• scan0031.jpg
    scan0031.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 408
  • scan0041.jpg
    scan0041.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 415
  • scan0043.jpg
    scan0043.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 417

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here