Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats your best comedy memory ever?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Not a specific sketch as such, but my dad introducing me to Derek and Clive. I was only about 8 or 9, and I'd come down from bed and he was listening to it. After explaining to me that I wasn't to repeat any of it at school or to my friends he played Horse Racing by them, and I got it even at that young age. After that he introduced me to Kevin Bloody Wilson. Bloody love my dad!!!

Not a specific sketch as such, but my dad introducing me to Derek and Clive. I was only about 8 or 9, and I'd come down from bed and he was listening to it. After explaining to me that I wasn't to repeat any of it at school or to my friends he played Horse Racing by them, and I got it even at that young age. After that he introduced me to Kevin Bloody Wilson. Bloody love my dad!!!

Was just going to post Derek and Clive, for exactly the same reason, I was only 10 or 11 when I heard it first.

To this day I really don't think I've ever laughed that hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMd7MjE8uf0

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The Derek and Clive first album, especially the C**t and Jayne Mansfield/Lobster sketches. Still makes me laugh uncontrollably today!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Bill hicks on god, creationism and dinosaurs

Love it.

And

The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we … kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok … But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.

Some great ones on here, Morecambe and Wise and Mr Preview is timeless. Sticking with a musical theme:-

Plus seeing the man himself performing live at the Dome in the era of Not the Nine O'Clock News. Doing Bean long before Bean had been given a name.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Del Boy and Rodders, scaring a mugger running dressed as Batman and Robin.
The pub comedian commenting that Uncle Albert's head was on upside down.

Flex Your Head

My favourite comedy moment EVER! was seeing Bill Hicks in Brighton, either right at the end of the 80s, or very early in the 90s. I think it was his first ever UK show (if not, it was certainly his first gig in a small run of UK shows) and he performed all of his material to see what went down well. 4 hours with just a 15 minute break after the first two and a half.

It was one of those 'we are witnessing something really bloody special' evenings.

I saw Jerry Sadowitz quite often around the same sort of time; he was never less than brilliant too.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Morecambe and Wise making breakfast to the stripper music.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
..'In 1975, no-one died. In 1976, no-one died. In 1977, no-one died. In 1978, no-one died. In 1979, no-one died. In 1980, someone died. In 1981, no-one died. In 1982, there was the incident with the pigeon. In 1983, no-one died. In 1984, no-one died. In 1985, no-one died. In 1986...I mean I could go on.'

Not everyone's cup of tea, however I found many of 'The Day Today' sketches hilarious!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Peter Cook & Dudley Moores, "mr spigot" sketch [yt]lbnkY1tBvMU[/yt]

Edit it's called "one leg too few"

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My favourite comedy moment EVER! was seeing Bill Hicks in Brighton, either right at the end of the 80s, or very early in the 90s. I think it was his first ever UK show (if not, it was certainly his first gig in a small run of UK shows) and he performed all of his material to see what went down well. 4 hours with just a 15 minute break after the first two and a half.

It was one of those 'we are witnessing something really bloody special' evenings.

I saw Jerry Sadowitz quite often around the same sort of time; he was never less than brilliant too.

You have it right here, Flex Your Head, in my book. Bill Hicks has provided my best comedy moments, which might just go to prove that the best comedy is the most dangerous (see also Chris Morris). I never saw him, and am not envious of you but, rather, admire the extent to which you have/had your finger on the cultural pulse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here