Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's with this 'Thumbs up!' or 'Thumbs down!' nonsense?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yes I'm a cripple. Perhaps you'd like to make fun of that too. And please stop sending me PM's, I keep telling you that I'm straight.

Is being a cripple an excuse for being miserable as **** though?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Is being a cripple an excuse for being miserable as **** though?

it would have been if you had spent a load of time, effort and money getting to the Boxing Day match at Charlton, only for our own fans to deliberating continue standing in front of you.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Of course. Would you laugh and sing about it?

I'd probably make an effort to get on with my life as best I can and make the most of what I have, rather than moping around on NSC all day making snide comments and generally just looking like a ****, with or without a disability.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As explained above, you can turn on the notifications for the thumbs to make it less intrusive.

After the New Year I will run a poll so people can vote on:

- no thumbs
- positive thumbs only
- positive and negative thumbs (as now)

(Another new feature is that if someone is on your ignore list, you now won't see them if someone else quotes them.)
If you wait long enough into the new year, the poll will be pointless as the majority will vote 'as now'.
Doing the poll a few days after they appeared 'no thumbs' would win out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'd probably make an effort to get on with my life as best I can and make the most of what I have, rather than moping around on NSC all day making snide comments and generally just looking like a ****, with or without a disability.

So why do you hang around here all day making snide comments and generally looking like a **** then? ???

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So why do you hang around here all day making snide comments and generally looking like a **** then? ???

Touche Douglas, Touche.

(Although I feel obliged to reference our different post counts)

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Thumbs down are a bit pointless, if you happen to ' thuumbs down' a comment by the wrong person, they may search every post you've made in the last 6 months and 'thumbs down' every single one of them. Mentioning no names...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thumbs down are a bit pointless, if you happen to ' thuumbs down' a comment by the wrong person, they may search every post you've made in the last 6 months and 'thumbs down' every single one of them. Mentioning no names...

Yes, that's what happens.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Although it's the critics who use them the most.

I meant not many thumbs up.... still, could be one of the best polls Bozza will have put up when it get thrashed out.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm not sure there's many things i care about less than the thumbs up/down. I've not used it yet and if someone decides to up/down vote one of my posts then i'll probably get over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here