Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the world coming to

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And all you care about is whether Shingle tars everyone with the same brush.

Actually, no. I've also expressed sadness for what has happened to Shingle's mum. It was a terrible thing that happened and, thankfully, crimes like that are rare.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
You're barking up the wrong tree, given that it was the OP who set out to place the nasty incident within a sensationalised reflection of the world, not me.

The OP was upset and in shock. Only you have the twisted type of thinking to think that Shingle had an agenda other than his sadness at his Mum's experience. This thread is about poor Shingle's distress at his Mum'experience. Not you, and your twisted sociological psychobabble.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Actually, no. I've also expressed sadness for what has happened to Shingle's mum. It was a terrible thing that happened and, thankfully, crimes like that are rare.

Only because you were caught out in what you wrote and tried to turn this thread into something it was not.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The OP was upset and in shock. Only you have the twisted type of thinking to think that Shingle had an agenda other than his sadness at his Mum's experience. This thread is about poor Shingle's distress at his Mum'experience. Not you, and your twisted sociological psychobabble.

In this thread, hybrid_x, timbha, Justice, MacKenzie, Seagull over Canaryland, Durlston, TheJasperCo and Shropshire Seagull have all offered what might be termed 'sociological' explanations or analysis. But don't let that change your perspective.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Only because you were caught out in what you wrote and tried to turn this thread into something it was not.

Wishful thinking on your part. More chance of being caught out by butter fingered England cricketers than by any of the critical posters on this thread.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Is a smack head wrestling a bag from an injured old lady a good image? No. Is it surprising in a city with a well reported drug problem? Not especially. Is it deeply depressing? Definitely. Is it indicative that "the world" has gone to hell in a handcart that no one bothered to help? It is a worrying sign that the old steyne has more than its share of dickheads or unobservant muppets/cowards no more than that.

I hope your mum gets better soon. As for the bag snatcher...sounds like his Karmic wheel is already ****ed tbh.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The OP had 30 minutes to add a question mark and, tellingly, he didn't, even when it became a topic of discussion. Even if he wanted it as a question, it would have been a very leading question and one that still contributes to a climate where elderly people fear to go out, because street crime is considered typical rather than atypical behaviour.

You clearly spend way to much time on the internet / forums, reading your comments on this thread (and many others to be honest) is quite frankly "cringeworthy" to turn this into some sort of English lesson, whatever! is pathetic (check your post above first, you are far from perfect!!) I might add you started digging and refused to stop, again pathetic. Think before you post in future!

Good.
Grief.

The OP starts a thread about his poor old mum having a very unpleasant experience, and you turn it into a psycho-analysis session within a socio-political context and how this does or does not reflect on modern day society and yaada yaada yaada blah de blah de blah de blah, based on whether a fricking question mark should or should not have been added. Who the frick cares.

Sorry to hear about your mum shingle, I hope she's on the mend and not been too badly affected.

Totally THIS!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is a smack head wrestling a bag from an injured old lady a good image? No. Is it surprising in a city with a well reported drug problem? Not especially. Is it deeply depressing? Definitely. Is it indicative that "the world" has gone to hell in a handcart that no one bothered to help? It is a worrying sign that the old steyne has more than its share of dickheads or unobservant muppets/cowards no more than that.

I hope your mum gets better soon. As for the bag snatcher...sounds like his Karmic wheel is already ****ed tbh.

Amen to that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You clearly spend way to much time on the internet / forums, reading your comments on this thread (and many others to be honest) is quite frankly "cringeworthy" to turn this into some sort of English lesson, whatever! is pathetic (check your post above first, you are far from perfect!!) I might add you started digging and refused to stop, again pathetic. Think before you post in future!

Totally THIS!

I agree.

'Get some perspective' is about as caring as saying 'pull yourself together' to someone who has just broken their leg.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
In this thread, hybrid_x, timbha, Justice, MacKenzie, Seagull over Canaryland, Durlston, TheJasperCo and Shropshire Seagull have all offered what might be termed 'sociological' explanations or analysis. But don't let that change your perspective.

Do you work in PR? Have you had a bad few days or are you a rock solid a rse hole?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here