Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the story Fikayo Tomori?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The OP asked for our opinions on the LB, so I just gave mine. The great thing about opinions is, they're subjective.
But mine is the right one. :lolol:

You asked a different poster why you thought the lad you refer to was a decent player

The manager thinks very highly of him and he is not a bad judge of a good player normally

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Or did we play brilliantly until we scored, at which point we sat back and invited some pressure.

And therefore it absolutely was a coincidence that the injury happened not long after, influencing people's perception that it was this substitution that changed the game?

Who knows !! These are the questions us football fans ask each every week ! Roll on Saturday !!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Is it just me or is he garbage?

Discuss.

Looked nervous first half and was garbage for about 15 minutes. A massive game for a young lad. However, Murphy and Dunk eased him in and he did really well in the second half. You should remember that he's out of position on the left and both goals were largely down to Bruno on the right

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
You asked a different poster why you thought the lad you refer to was a decent player

What do you mean?
The OP asked for opinions, someone asked me to elaborate why I didn't rate him, so I did?
And yeah the other guy was just name calling anyone who he didn't agree with, so I asked him to elaborate as to why/how he rates him.
I don't geddit?

The manager thinks very highly of him and he is not a bad judge of a good player normally

That's just a guess though.
Another opinion would be, that CH needed inexpensive and short-term LB/RB cover, and Tomori was the only available option.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've seen a few of your comments on this thread, just name calling people who you don't agree with.

If you have a point to make, why not elaborate and tell us why you think he's decent?

And from everything I've read and heard about Tomori, he's a player that is happy anywhere on the back line.
Just remind me.........how good did Duffy look in his first couple of games? One of them was Newcastle away, wasn't it?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Yes here is.

Duffy had a patchy first couple of games here, on the back off a woeful run at his last club.
But we knew Duffy's history, ability and international experience.

Tomori has no first team experience, is a 19 year old kid from the U23's, and wasn't given a second on a pitch at last pre-season in the U.S.
He played crap in his first game for us, and played poorly tonight.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
He doesn't need to say it publicly for me to know he does

Ok, so let's say that you fit into one of two possibilities here.
1: You are in CH's inner circle (immediate family or extremely close friend), he'll be honest in his evaluation of Tomori. ("He was our only real option")

2: You have met/interviewed/bumped into/associate/acquaintances with CH and he has given his general public evaluation of Tomori. ("I have great faith in the lad and he's got the ability that we need if one of our first players is out of the game")

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Duffy had a patchy first couple of games here, on the back off a woeful run at his last club.

Tomori has no first team experience, is a 19 year old kid from the U23's, and wasn't given a second on a pitch at last pre-season in the U.S.
He played crap in his first game for us, and played poorly tonight

By the same token, neither are you privy to how well he is doing in training

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

He played crap in his first game for us, and played poorly tonight.
Yes there is then. Duffy came into a back four he hadn't played with before, and struggled. So did Tomori.

Obviously, Duffy, being an experienced international and all that should have done a lot better, eh?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Ok, so let's say that you fit into one of two possibilities here.
1: You are in CH's inner circle (immediate family or extremely close friend), he'll be honest in his evaluation of Tomori. ("He was our only real option")

2: You have met/interviewed/bumped into/associate/acquaintances with CH and he has given his general public evaluation of Tomori. ("I have great faith in the lad and he's got the ability that we need if one of our first players is out of the game")

You can delete option 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here