Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the most bananas you've gone for any SINGLE Albion goal?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The ones I can think I went most wild for:

Ulloa @ Forest
Buckers @ Donny
Bridcutt @ Carlisle - 4-3 win
Hemed @ Fulham
Virgo @ Swindon Playoff semi

They're the ones I remember the most for going wild.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good thread. What ingredients are required to go wild at a goal?

- ideally an away terrace
- the goal at the away end
- the later the better
- importance of occasion and effect on the result
- a goal mouth scramble or a close range header in front of the away terrace
- the players approaching the away end en masse to join in the celebration

Which basically describes 100% John Byrne's goal at Anfield.

I'd also like to add into the equation:-

- fan age.

I was most definitely of an age to go bananas at Anfield, or to be more precise my body was able to cope with me going bananas.
I had a struggle getting off my seat for Bobby on Saturday, everyone was sitting down just as I finally managed to stand up.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Too many to remember. Leon Knight in the play off final in 2004 springs readily to mind, Virgo vs Swindon, Dean Wilkins vs Ipswich and Buckley vs Doncaster, David Lopez vs Palace, Ulloa vs Forest.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
From the Withdean years it has to be Virgs in the playoff against Swindon.

From the Amex it probably BZ against Brizzle a month or so ago. Thought we were doomed to a draw.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Ulloa's goal v Forest was for me one of the best feelings I've ever felt, from the moment the ball went in to leaving the ground is a complete blur, I just remember going completely bananas and waking up the next day with bruises all down my legs. Buckley's goal is close behind, I remember somehow getting a cramp in my stomach from screaming and shouting so much..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
78%

Was seats, rather than a terrace.

(Not that anyone was SAT in them)
It also doesn't include spending the last x minutes of the game singing You'll Never Walk Alone to the ever dwindling Kop 'faithful'.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hard to clarify degrees of bananaship but Case's goals in the Cup QFs and SFs were definitely up there as was Byrne's at Anfield.

I wasn't at Hereford but Storer's effort a week earlier had me going. I'd also add Templeman's against Rochdale - no-one ever forgets their first time and that was my first promotion. And it was the only time I'd stood beside my normally staid father and seen him go batshit mental

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I've been going since I was eight or nine and I'm thirty now so let's say a "few".

With that in mind I'd like to apologise to anyone else attending those away games, its likely my damn curse has blighted your days as well as mine!

A 21 year wait for an away win. Please stay away :lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not the most obvious choice but... Lee Steele's last gasp winner at home v Bristol City on Easter Monday 2002. The goal finally took us above Reading who we'd been pegging back all season and set up the climax to the second of the Double Championes seasons. Was stuck in that tiny wee stand in the corner of Withdean and damn near had a heart attack when it went in!

D

Deleted member 2719

Same, never felt as sick or tense watching any game then that goal .. completely lost it and mildly concussed after being elbowed in the head!

This for me also, the adrenalin seemed to carry on for hours...... even days.....even years, a magical time for all.

The guy top middle of the video (in the white shirt) is just motionless apart from his hands (14-16 secs) must have been ill.:lolol::cool::lolol:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
No 1.
Jimmy Cases goal against Sheffield Weds in the 83 FA Cup Semi Final. Behind that goal was utter utter mayhem !!!
Fantastic for a lad of 15 years old :bowdown:

No 2.
Michael Robinsons winning goal in the same above match.

No 3. Robbie Reinelts goal V Hereford Utd in 97

No 4. Leonardo Ulloas 3rd goal V Palarse at the Amex on March 2013

No 5. Adam Virgos header V Swindon Town in 2004 Play Semi at the Withdean

When Ward put us 1-0 up over Bolton in 1979 to give us the lead in a top flight match for the first time the scenes were incredible, we were just pushed from the back to the front of the North Stand, shoes were lost and noses were blooded (accidentally)
A red(?) smoke bomb was let off that I can still taste to this day. Some on here claim the North Stand wasn't that Loud, it may or may not have been, but during the late 70s it was always crazy. I think some of the younger fans will say it was exaggerated, I will always disagree.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Good thread. What ingredients are required to go wild at a goal?

- ideally an away terrace
- the goal at the away end
- the later the better
- importance of occasion and effect on the result
- a goal mouth scramble or a close range header in front of the away terrace
- the players approaching the away end en masse to join in the celebration.

Step forward Mr Ulloa.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
When Ward put us 1-0 up over Bolton in 1979 to give us the lead in a top flight match for the first time the scenes were incredible, we were just pushed from the back to the front of the North Stand, shoes were lost and noses were blooded (accidentally)
A red(?) smoke bomb was let off that I can still taste to this day. Some on here claim the North Stand wasn't that Loud, it may or may not have been, but during the late 70s it was always crazy. I think some of the younger fans will say it was exaggerated, I will always disagree.

I remember that and no exaggeration. Was mental

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here