Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the most bananas you've gone for any SINGLE Albion goal?

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Very, very difficult one, as I was jumping about like a lunatic for all three of these ....for me, either Robbie Reinault (Vs Hereford) or Dean Wilkins (Vs Ipswich) or Gordon Smith (Vs Man Utd)

For pure, unbridled schoolboy joy, has got to be Gordon Smith's header at Wembley..

I had to fight the urge when Smith scored, I arrived at Wembley late and as a consequence was put in a Man U fans section, self-preservation took precedence over celebration!

Dec 15, 2014
Here
PA-10856491.jpg

This Man U fan really went bananas!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
1971-72 Ken Beamish v Rotherham. Last minute.

I was younger then.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Good thread. What ingredients are required to go wild at a goal?

- ideally an away terrace
- the goal at the away end
- the later the better
- importance of occasion and effect on the result
- a goal mouth scramble or a close range header in front of the away terrace
- the players approaching the away end en masse to join in the celebration

Add in:
- scorer is against his old club
- full house including 7,000 Albion fans
- the opposition were League Champions that season

and you have my batshit goal. Jimmy Case winner at Anfield FAC5 February 20th 1983.

PG

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Reinelt at Hereford is probably the winner; although at the time I thought that it was Baird who put it away as I couldn't actually see the ball go in and just knew we'd scored from the net rippling and 4000 people in front of me going spazmo.

Zamora first goal back for us at Leeds to end the October curse was almost as mental - I was actually knackered and out of breath after celebrating so hard.

Special mention for CMS's 2nd against Burnley: It wasn't so much the game situation, or that it was a particularly important match at that stage of the season, it was just an amazing finish that made 300 odd away fans go bonkers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A low-key occassion compared to most of those listed so far, but I'd also like to include FRAN SANDAZA's injury time winner against Oldham, at Withers, that put us top of league One for the first time (that season).

HE went absolutely mental, right in front of us. Great moment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Semi-final + away day + top ground + great goal + open terrace = Case vs Sheff Wed '83.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
How many away days before you saw us win at Fulham?

I've been going since I was eight or nine and I'm thirty now so let's say a "few".

With that in mind I'd like to apologise to anyone else attending those away games, its likely my damn curse has blighted your days as well as mine!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Easy one. West Ham away a few years back when Guy Butters headed the only goal.

er edit.... not so easy... Palace away Paul McShane in 2006, Will Buckleys 7th minute injury time winner v Notts Forest a few seasons back and Jimmy Case free kick v sheff wednesday back in 83 at Highbury

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A goal that meets all these criteria was Zamora's winner away at Posh at the end of the 2001/2 season
- Bobby wasn't expected to play but did at the last minute.
- He missed an early penalty
- it got is promoted (although that was confirmed the next day when Reading failed to win)

and it was on that fantastic away terrace at London Road. Everyone went absolutely mental when it went in - like a dam bursting. A friend of mine in the home end said he'd never seen a set of fans "overreact" so much to a goal being scored!

The good old London Road terrace some many great moments on it. I seem to recall a powerful Richie Barker header from a Rod Thomas cross was celebrated with much enthusiasm.

el punal

Historically, rather than in order of madness :

Ken Beamish's screamer of a winner against Rotherham in injury time in 1972. A season of late, late goals for us that sealed promotion to Division 2.

Sammy Morgan against Crystal Palace in Feb.1976 at the Goldstone in front of 33,000+. We won 2-0. Never known an atmosphere of sheer, intense rivalry before or since that night. Incredible!

Peter Ward at Millwall 1977/78 season. He turned Kitchener on a sixpence then ran on and slotted home for a 1-0 win. Cue Millwall's finest trying to get to the Albion fans in the main stand - just like medieval siege warfare!

Gordon Smith's header in the 13th minute in the Cup Final against Man.Utd. It was so unexpected, so surreal. We, l'il, old Albion had scored a goal in a Wembley cup final.

Although there were many, many stand out, bonkers goals in my time watching the Albion, my fifth choice has got to be Leo's winner against Nottm.Forest in the 92nd minute to put us in the play-offs in 2014. 2000 Albion fans, for a good five minutes, going completely and utterly apeshit!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Sadly I'm not old enough to have seen any of the greats moments at Hereford, but Buckley's goals against Donny was incredible.

It's something I'll never forget. Noone did a nice bit of skill beforehand, and then curled a brilliant through ball with the outside of his foot. I saw the ball escape away from Barnes, and thought "Oh bloody hell, the move's over", and then suddenly a wild Buckley appeared and puts it past the keeper and then...absolute pandemonium.

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here