What's the greatest goal ever scored for the Albion in your opinion?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Wardy v Swindon in '76 - he slalomed through their defence leaving several defenders on their arses in the area before slotting home. Pure magic.

"Greatest" as in most important ? - Robbie Reinelt vs Hereford
"Greatest" as in most exciting ? - Gary Stevens equaliser in 83 Cup Final - should have lead to us winning Cup.
"Greatest" as in most dramatic ? - Adam Virgo Play Offs vs Swindon.
"Greatest" as in best strike ? - Willie Irvine vs Aston Villa.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Nelson at Brentford.

Awww Nelson at Brentford, it all comes flooding back. 2 sides of the ground packed out with the Albion faithfull. Gary Nelson picks up the ball on the halfway line, beats 1, beats 2, beats 3 4 5, surely he'll pass it now? Cuts inside and curls it from just outside the box into the top corner. Cue gates flying open and several hundred fans on the pitch. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Failing that Vicente's goal at portman road

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
For me it's a no brainer because without it we would probably not have a team anymore

ROBBIE REINELT

I believe that even the fans that were not at Hereford that day still know where they were when that goal went in.

albionman

May 22, 2004
Sayers Common
Gary Williams in the game against Forest in 1979/80.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

A good goal but probably not the greatest. However, I was in the South Stand right behind it and that meant we did 'the double' over the European Champions.

I went to the game at the City Ground that season. We won 1-0, we were totally outplayed but it was one of those games that you knew you were going to win.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Sorry for the nostalgia,the wine has taken a hold :)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
For those who were there quite simply a day we will never forget so very much THIS

THIS

I was right behind it in the clock end at Highbury, totally rammed and probably the most exciting match ever. The joy of
The Seagulls reaching the FA Cup Final was mahoosive!!!!!!!!!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If you were at Griffin Park and witnessed the Nelson goal it is an easy question.Amazing scenes especially as we seemed to have half the ground!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
1st one that came to mind was Nelson at Brentford - was always a good day out, made even better with that run and finish.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Awww Nelson at Brentford, it all comes flooding back. 2 sides of the ground packed out with the Albion faithfull. Gary Nelson picks up the ball on the halfway line, beats 1, beats 2, beats 3 4 5, surely he'll pass it now? Cuts inside and curls it from just outside the box into the top corner. Cue gates flying open and several hundred fans on the pitch. Mmmmmmmmmm

Although I saw Nelson score many goals they were all at the Goldstone as I was too young to travel away then. Sounds like I missed the greatest Albion goal.

Thank you for the description, I was getting frustrated with posts just saying Nelson at Brentford.

Being a bit more realistic than asking for video footage, anybody got any still photos of this great event?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Nelson at Brentford for me. If I remember rightly it wasn't only his amazing run and wonderful strike it was the amount of passes in the build up, every one greeted with a cheer.

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Another vote for the Mark Lawrenson goal in an evening game against Wolves,picking the ball up on the edge of the the penalty box in the South and dribbling past countless Wolves players and sliding it past Bradshaw in front of the North Stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports