Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the greatest goal ever scored for the Albion in your opinion?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I have seen some absolute beauties but if I had to go for one it would have to be Bobby z's volley at the Withdean vs Halifax.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Jimmy Case in the cup semi final '83

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If only Vicente's shot at the end of THAT run against Derby had been a few inches lower....

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
vicente's v ipswich not mentioned much but he basically ran past the whole ipswich team and then let off a screamer and back of the net

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Case ... agreed.

Some of the Bridcutt, Murray, Bennett & LuaLua goals at Withdean were immense, especially in context of the moment e.g. a Bridcutt late winner on his 'wong' foot.

Murray. This collection includes about 30 goals of the highest quality. I forgeot what a class striker he really was!

The likes of Leeds, Cheltenham, Leyton, Plymouth, Northampton ... were beaten by a guy with amazing balance for a tall player, and an awful of skill

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Phil Stants header at Withdean. Think he was on the line as he headed it and the ball at his ankles. QUALITY!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

6 minutes 40 seconds...... nearly nearly nearly...........

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Jimmy Case Highbury 83.
Special mentions : Gary Williams v Forest 1979/80
Gerry Ryan v Man City 1979/80

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have seen some absolute beauties but if I had to go for one it would have to be Bobby z's volley at the Withdean vs Halifax.

That one was my first thought. Vicente against Derby would have beaten it. However, does anyone remember this. I do because it's the first game I went to with my mates rather than with adult minders. It's at the Goldstone and we're playing Wimbledon. Frank Worthington is playing for us and he scores the second at the South Stand end by picking the ball up about 30 yards out, losing his marker and smashing it like a tracer bullet in off the bar. It took the ground a couple of seconds to catch up and celebrate.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Nelson at Brentford.

as some say "thread closed"

But what about the feeling that went through you when Howlett crossed, Smith met the ball and directed it into the net with just 15 minutes on the clock ?

OMFG

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Depends what you call a great goal...one that the player ghosts past 4 players and hits it in at an acute angle...or whether a screamer out of nowhere from way out...it might be before a lot of the younger fans time... and as much as I loved the Jimmy Case free kick at Highbury the one that stands out for me was Alan Duffys screamer from just over the halfway line into the south goal at the Goldstone,cannot remember who they were playing,think it was a Northern team,,there was such a buzz going around the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here