Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the earliest you have left a game

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I left the withdean twice at half time as soaked, in search of pub with fire

Crikey, arsonist? That's a strong reaction to getting soaked at our rubbish ground!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Before kick-off at Norwich in 2003.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I left the FA Cup Villa away game a few years ago about 12 minutes early in a most bumsquirtorious fashion. I heard the cheers of our second goal whilst asquat on a chilly seat firing out streams of burning lava. Other than that, I have never left a game early. Even in moments of unenvied trouncing I still want to see the players off with different levels of applause.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
West Ham away. Left after 15 minutes. Poyets team selection was terrible.

People were still coming in as I left.

This game for me too. Left 15 minuets into the second half when we were about 5 down. Team selection was awful. Worst I've ever seen Brighton play, and I'm including Burnley away two years ago. Ended up having a day out in London instead. I was right at the front too, so I got a first class view of Brezovan trying to catch a football :ffsparr:

Only away game I've ever left before the final whistle.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
This game for me too. Left 15 minuets into the second half when we were about 5 down. Team selection was awful. Worst I've ever seen Brighton play, and I'm including Burnley away two years ago. Ended up having a day out in London instead. I was right at the front too, so I got a first class view of Brezovan trying to catch a football :ffsparr:

Only away game I've ever left before the final whistle.

I guess there's only so much dancing a person can take!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
One of those for me, too. The game under Peter Taylor which was, I think, on a Thursday night. Left after an hour with us four-nil down. I think the game was live on TV.

Have never left a game early since.

Me too. Three of us left after the 4th, went back to Clapham Junction and went for a ruby :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
OK I am not talking about the 5 or 10 minutes early discussion we have had on here recently, where people have left early to avoid the crush / catch a bus / train, etc.

I am talking about when you have been so royally fed up with the performance that you upped and left.

The only time I can think back to when I have done this was back in the days when we were briefly top-flight, in the early 80s (I stand to be corrected if some of the details are incorrect, but this is my recall of the day in question).

We were playing Oxford United in the FA Cup at The Goldstone. Oxford at the time were bottom division, so this should have been a walkover for us. However, by half-time we were 0-3 down and with the boos and calls of "what a load of rubbish" ringing round the ground I left at half-time!

The joke was on me though, as I walked back to the car, parked at Hove Park, I realised I had left my Dad in the ground, who had the car keys - so I had to spend the second half sitting on the bonnet of the car, waiting for the final whistle. We drew the second half 0-0, so hey, not so bad.:drool:

I am sure there will be someone out there who can beat leaving at half time, so let's hear it.
Half time against Arsenal in FA cup so much better sitting in the pub
regards
DR:drink:

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Only time I've ever left early was at Withdean against Stoke in the last game of the season - when we were 5-1 down at half-time - the players weren't trying so I thought why should I bother to stay and watch a disaster. Don't think there were any more goals but I was disgusted for one of the very few times watching the Albion - I always believe we're about to get better in every game.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
When Navarro got his second with 15-20 mins to go in the 3-0 defeat to Swindon in the COC a few years ago. We were atrocious, even with Vicente, Noone, Bridge, Bridcutt et al on the pitch.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cup game at Craven Cottage in December 1995 received a tannoy announcement after about 20 mins to go to pick up wife to go to Worthing Hospital as her father was on his last legs. Didnt miss much of a game 0-0 but unfortunately father in law didnt live to listen to the replay.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why would that be the only one?

I was joking! Though I've only left three other games early: Lincoln away in the FA Cup when we were 4-0 down with about 5 minutes left and I wouldve had to wait an extra hour at the station. A league game at Luton where our fans were being utter dicks. And the first time we played at St Marys when a neanderthal steward threw me out.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I seem to recall a certain poster here leaving at half-time 0-2 down to Leicester at Withdean, coming on here and having a rant about it..... :whistle: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here