[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Music legend Jeff Lynne at Glastonbury with a great backing band/orchestra, a drop dead gorgeous violinist and a close-up of a seagull in flight at 3:27, what more can you want?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Taped that off Peel when he played it. Years later bought the CD. A jaw dropping track. The one after it goes with it rather well too.

Shame VTM's turned into such a dull old tosser. Those early 70s albums were extreme magic.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Speaking of the Earles, The Mastersons and The Dukes and Duchesses, how about this.

From his forthcoming tribute...

https://youtu.be/FXgtD3jfikk

Wow. You're ahead of me on this one despite my username. A welcome honouring of his late son's memory and talent. Something to look out for. Great song and arrangement, although seems to ring a bell from somewhere......

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The best song I have heard today is going to be this one. I'm a huge fan of Lucy Kaplansky. I love her vocal mannerisms and style. I saw her one November at The Martlets Hall in Burgess Hill and bought a signed copy of the album from her after the gig. It helps make music memorable and it's from an album I associate with and therefore play in November. Funny how a musical mind works. This track is on of my favourites, starting with the pattering drums and gentle guitar through to full percussion and a a little burst of slide to top it off. Even picked out a few notes on my air guitar again. For those who have never heard of her or her music, enjoy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports